• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Headers

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
Reaction score
I know im new to all this but my headers are going to be here tomarrow and i plan on doing them on saturday. Has anyone installed headers on a GP before and would be willing to help out??

I Appreciate any extra hands/help/advice

Thanks

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wait; why would you install headers to uninstall them to topswap? You have your priorities all wrong

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yall are such haters. Maybe the OP just wants some inexpensive ebay headers and didnt want to drop coin on TOGs and whatever else cool stuff the cool kids install nowadays... :dunno:

Offer the guy some advise on installing his headers already.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
god damn, its no wonder people hate on the 3800 crowd now :rofl: everyone thinks theyre the shit

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
being that we dont know which set he has we cannot give advice. I have experience with Paceshitters, 02 blue gt has experience with ebay headers. both of them through the redneck 3800 god himself of course.

pacesetters are nice if you decide to weld them

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
people are just quick to voice their "knowledge" is my point

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
no one offered help besides double d. it was the typical answers "its easy" or "why would you do that". either offer the guy help or dont bother. this is more of a broad thought than anything.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Short of a comment or two this thread was attempting to be constructive, as stated above it does matter what brand he bought....

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
You also had to mod the shit out of them. For someone with no welding skills or access to the equipment, those headers would have been more costly then ceramic tog style headers.

We still need to see what kind of headers we are talking about. SLP style headers are not a pain, and are decent. Pacesetters, I dont care for. S&S are nice. Newer style TOGS are a PITA to get the crossover all together. The first 2 batches had the bolts welded to it so tightening it was a breeze.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
your forgetting SLPs and TOGs need the DP(unless paying extra for a TOG cat'd bolt in DP) welded. Pacesetters can be fixed for about $60-100 depending on the way you want to do it.

To the OP, if you plan to work on the car in the morning, soak the crossover,DP, and manifold bolts with PB blast the night before. Some of them can be rusted pretty badly.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Umm, SLPs dont need a downpipe welded. You get those beautiful band clamps and the extra connector that goes to the catback.

If you want semi quality, spend more then $200 for headers is all I am saying.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
thats part of the install kit for another $100 new.

If they are the ebay headers, there might not be a need for reworking them.
We found the crossovers from other ebay models seem to fit better then the supplied ones(SSAC/obx). We have a few sets in the shop right now and if we mix and match parts(crossover, rear header),they seem to go together easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom