Have any of you just randomly decided to shave your head?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
You can tho. And its sexy.

giphy.gif

it can be very frustrating at times to tame it before going out.. i feel like im in a 80s aquanet commercial at times.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
when my buddy decided to be cool and get ball cancer i shaved my head when he had to shave his. i shaved it completely bald twice.

biggest thing for me, was it was cold as absolute FUCK

i think other "constant bald" people will tell you the same about it being cold...

but fuck man, why not. it's just hair, it will grow back soon enough, some chicks get huge chick boners over completely bald dudes. i mean fuck, look at [MENTION=112]ktraver97ss[/MENTION] shootin' 3 leagues out of his own.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I had been going to the same barber since I was 8 years old...when I was 33 he was old, like 80's. Dude refused to retire, and the haircuts were getting slightly worse each time, so I was about to tell him I was going to check out somewhere else.

Out of no where, the dude straight up buzzed a line right through the top of my head. I think he just got so old and out of it he didn't even know what he was doing. I said..."Luke...you might as well just buzz it all at this point." So he did a 2 blade on my whole head. Gave him a $20 tip and said it was nice knowing you.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Mine wasn’t exactly random but long story short my mom got breast cancer, lost all of her hair which I saw a few times and really hit me hard, burned/singed her wig while checking dinner in the oven, lots of crying between us both, I told her I was going to shave my head for her and was put under orders to have hair for my sisters wedding in 3 weeks.
SOOO I “randomly” shaved my head for the first time with a Bic disposable razor at Disney’s All Star Sports Resort the morning after the wedding. The pain was exquisite!!! I didn’t have anything to trim my hair so I just went to town and went thru 3 disposable razors and decimated my noggin. The bathroom looked like a scene from Psycho.
Been shaving my head daily for my mom for the last 20 years with 5 total exceptions of having the flu (2), stomach flu (2) and food poisoning (1). Now I feel gross when I get too much stubble up there.
Whether I was bald (which I am anyway) or had a full head of hair (which I did when I started shaving it) I WILL NEVER GROW MY HAIR BACK

Most important. GET A QUALITY RAZOR AND NEW BLADE.
You will either fall in love with it or hate it and think you look ridiculous. Very few middle of the road people that can take it or leave it.
There will be blood. LOTS OF IT!! Test your pain tolerance by squirting some superglue on a big slash on top of your dome and do your best to not pass out from the pain.
You’ll need hats for everyday. EVERY DAY. No matter how tan it gets or how much sunblock you put on it will still burn. Baseball hats and sunny days make your head look like an Easter egg.
Women find it irresistible or intimidating.
You become a landmark. “Hey, where’s the bathroom?” “Go to the bald guy and make a left”
Random people will want to touch your head. It starts out cool and fun, gets fucking irritating really quick.
Electric razors do not work.
Your head is probably much smoother and not as bumpy as you would think. I’ve fractured my skull multiple times and the only oddity I have is at the base of my skull that’s barely noticeable.
Lotion is your friend. You think dandruff is a problem? Wait until you get dry skin up there. Dandruff itself goes away if you have it but dry skin is always a problem.

Do it once. If you don’t like it give it one more try 2 days later. If you still don’t like it let it grow back.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I still haven't even worked myself up enough to buzz it yet, fuck completely shaving it :rofl: my sides and back get a #2 clipper, and my instructions for the top are "short as you can get finger length". And if the lady cutting my hair has sausage fingers, welp I guess I'm comin back sooner than usual to get my hair cut again.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
If you do it properly, I'd say I've had much more painful events at the hands of clippers in the past, so it doesn't seem so bad. But yeah blood was a thing a lot.

In the summer I had to keep it covered pretty much always. And in the winter you lose a lot of heat. I have been considering it lately since MPB is creeping in and I'm forever away from a barber anymore and lazy (bad combo). But it's nowhere near as bad as shaving a beard you've had for years in January. If you want to try it, do it, but have a beanie this time of year. I haven't met many people who liked it at first just because they had never done it and the look was a bit shocking, but it does grow on you. Some people no (they called me Shrek sometimes, it hurt my feelings), but many people do just fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info