Hand car wash in Plainfield

Malakaone

Reaction score
I am very particular about my Lotus, but I often do not have all the time to wash the car and since I cannot take the car through any touch less wash without water entering the boot/trunk I searched for a place that does hand washes.

Well I finally found one and they are awesome!

To give you an idea for a basic wash which entails full service exterior wash (even crevices) and drying with fresh microfiber towels and air compressor to blow out the crevices for ONLY $9.95.

Havier (the owner) is very nice. Mention that George sent you and I bet he would give you $2 off for the basic wash.

The shop is called 1st Impression Auto Spa, they are located at
24316 W. 143rd St,
Suite 1
Plainfield, IL 60544
(next door to Eich's sports)
815-230-3005

Malakaone

Reaction score
Yeah he is not open on Sundays but is Monday-Saturday until 6PM. Give him a try you'll be surprised what you get for the money.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I'd like to find a good hand car wash by my place... My truck is too large and black (insert innuendo here) to wash in my driveway without one side getting full of soap scum and water spots before I finish (more innuendo :s00ls: )

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
early morning or evening washes, out of the sun Frank.
wash top to bottom and keep the washed areas wet....then your final rinse

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
I'd like to find a good hand car wash by my place... My truck is too large and black (insert innuendo here) to wash in my driveway without one side getting full of soap scum and water spots before I finish (more innuendo :s00ls: )
There is this stuff called Optimum No Rinse (ONR). Google it. Best invention in the world. Take 2 buckets one with just water(wash mitt rinse bucket) and one with water and ONR. Take mitt with ONR and wash 1 panel, drop in rinse bucket and then dry panel. Ring out wash mitt and dip in ONR bucket and repeat for the whole car. It leaves behind a very slick surface and you can do it in the sun. You can also dilute it for a quick detailer.
It will not scratch your car unless you have caked on dirt and mud.

Gav'sPurpleZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
i use ONR in the winter. soak panels with a spray bottle first ( for crusted salt )
but still use the hose and bucket in the summer

too much dust and airborn shit on my truck...so i dont like using the ONR in the summer

Outlaw

Reaction score
early morning or evening washes, out of the sun Frank.
wash top to bottom and keep the washed areas wet....then your final rinse
I do early morning washes... It's possibile to do, just a bit of a hustle lol. When in doubt I just hit up the $3.00 car wash by my house, as I keep clean microfibers, armor all, and windex in the tool box, I just sit in the lot for 15 minutes doing final detailing. It's a total "that guy" move, but whatever! haha.

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Reaction score
Adams products you can wash the whole car soapy and let it dry if it does, oh well, then rinse and use the detail spray to mist the car and then dry and leaves no spots.

redevo58

Reaction score
Just went there on your advice george. It turns out I actually know the owner Javier. He did an excellent job, and would recommend people to give his services a try. I know I will be going back from now on to get my car taken care of there.

Malakaone

Reaction score
I was there yesterday and heard you were there with your Vette. I installed my exhaust yesterday and there was no way I was going to sit and wash my car after that PITA. I'm probably there once a week so might see you there sometime.

otter1363

broke -
Reaction score
Well finally made it there (while they were open, lol) and hot damn. Never really thought there could be that big of a diffrence in a wash job. A killer price to boot! Excellent find!! :bigthumb:

Now all they need to do is serve beer while you wait :drums:

Malakaone

Reaction score
I told him need to do a car show at his place to get the word out. I would even help him organize it since he's pretty cool

otter1363

broke -
Reaction score
I told him need to do a car show at his place to get the word out. I would even help him organize it since he's pretty cool
Down for a show/meet there. He had a T/A with a 671 blower sticking out that he was detailing today - pretty nice and yeah - good folks!

redevo58

Reaction score
I was there yesterday and heard you were there with your Vette. I installed my exhaust yesterday and there was no way I was going to sit and wash my car after that PITA. I'm probably there once a week so might see you there sometime.
Like wise im getting my car washed there from now on.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Any decent "super-wash" do-it-yourself places in the area? The one off of Weber just south of 55 is just a waste of quarters.

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
Any decent "super-wash" do-it-yourself places in the area? The one off of Weber just south of 55 is just a waste of quarters.
No because you cannot bucket wash and if you don't and dry the car you are going to put swirls all over. Is your problem that you don't have a running water source or you just dont want to do it?

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
No because you cannot bucket wash and if you don't and dry the car you are going to put swirls all over. Is your problem that you don't have a running water source or you just dont want to do it?
House spigot in the back of the house, and I need a longer hose (or extension). I typically take a wash mitt to the spray wash places and use that. Rinsing the mitt with the wand seems to work well...

Gav'sPurpleZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
look into a no rinse wash ( optimum has a product )
no need for the hose

Malakaone

Reaction score
That no rinse stuff is not nearly as good as the old fashion wash. Going to a quarter place costs $5 minimum, plus your time and drying still needs to be done. Take it to the place I mention above, you won't regret it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom