đź”– Deals Hand car wash in Plainfield

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
I am very particular about my Lotus, but I often do not have all the time to wash the car and since I cannot take the car through any touch less wash without water entering the boot/trunk I searched for a place that does hand washes.

Well I finally found one and they are awesome!

To give you an idea for a basic wash which entails full service exterior wash (even crevices) and drying with fresh microfiber towels and air compressor to blow out the crevices for ONLY $9.95.

Havier (the owner) is very nice. Mention that George sent you and I bet he would give you $2 off for the basic wash.

The shop is called 1st Impression Auto Spa, they are located at
24316 W. 143rd St,
Suite 1
Plainfield, IL 60544
(next door to Eich's sports)
815-230-3005

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I'd like to find a good hand car wash by my place... My truck is too large and black (insert innuendo here) to wash in my driveway without one side getting full of soap scum and water spots before I finish (more innuendo :s00ls: )

There is this stuff called Optimum No Rinse (ONR). Google it. Best invention in the world. Take 2 buckets one with just water(wash mitt rinse bucket) and one with water and ONR. Take mitt with ONR and wash 1 panel, drop in rinse bucket and then dry panel. Ring out wash mitt and dip in ONR bucket and repeat for the whole car. It leaves behind a very slick surface and you can do it in the sun. You can also dilute it for a quick detailer.
It will not scratch your car unless you have caked on dirt and mud.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
early morning or evening washes, out of the sun Frank.
wash top to bottom and keep the washed areas wet....then your final rinse

I do early morning washes... It's possibile to do, just a bit of a hustle lol. When in doubt I just hit up the $3.00 car wash by my house, as I keep clean microfibers, armor all, and windex in the tool box, I just sit in the lot for 15 minutes doing final detailing. It's a total "that guy" move, but whatever! haha.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
No because you cannot bucket wash and if you don't and dry the car you are going to put swirls all over. Is your problem that you don't have a running water source or you just dont want to do it?
House spigot in the back of the house, and I need a longer hose (or extension). I typically take a wash mitt to the spray wash places and use that. Rinsing the mitt with the wand seems to work well...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info