Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just watched, couldnt wait. FUCK all these sites that said this show is going to be shit and the 1st episode was garbage. This was fucking awesome. The opening ten minutes were EPIC. Holy shit I was geeking out. I thought the CGI was actually really well done, a bit rough but convincing.

To everyone complaining this isnt Halo, its fucking Halo...but its not the same story we've all played 100 times before. I can't fucking wait for the rest of the season.

The lack of the OG Halo theme is criminal. I hope they are saving it for something big.
Reach still exists, which means they can use the Fall of Reach story, which is absolutely incredible.
Chief taking off his helmet did not upset me like I thought it would.
Hearing the shield warning and recharge sounds was awesome.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
unlike the mandolorian where it was sacreligous to remove it. It really didn't bother with this. If anything it makes it even better now with the storyline they're portraying
I think what people need to realize is WE are not in control of Chief or the narrative. We're watching this play out from the characters and Chief himself. This isnt the game being played. Its a more personalized story. Just based on this first episode, I'm glad they arent trying to be the game. We've playing the same story for 20+ years. Its time for a reimaginging.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I like they showed his face, it humanized him as a character. The first fight scene is just epic, I’m gonna watch it again just for that. For a first episode where you have to introduce characters and story line I feel they did a great job of grabbing people attention. The video game nerd in me loved the switch to first person views. I’ve played the most recent game campaign a little and when you hear the shield depletion and recharge in the show … I was just like “oh shit!” I’m definitely intrigued.

• Love
Reactions: Mook

Thread Info