Good Cigars

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
IMHO, some of the top cigars from the 2013 top 25 are as good as Cubans.

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2 and Hemingway Short Stories are good cigars. Almost all Padrons are good, especially their anniversary blends. I found a store down here that sells Cubans under the counter but I may not pay the premium price if I can find the cigars I mentioned instead.

Anyone else think it's ridiculous that we can't legally buy Cuban cigars in the Land of the Free?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Best cigar I have ever smoked was this Cuban Montecristo that a guy I knew gave to me. He owned his own cigar shop and the guy that rented one of the humidor "lockers" passed away. I was there when he opened it up and gave that cuban to me to have (since i just spent a shit load of money in his store on other stuff). Evidently it was maturing in that humidor for over 5 years ( the guy was unsure on the time, but he said it was at least 5 years since he saw this old timer come into the store. I have never had a cigar to this day that was that smooth and flavorful. For some reason it tasted like a creamy hazelnutt cigar even though it was a non-flavored one. Awesome shit. I have have had several Cohiba cubans, and a few other brands, and they have not come anywhere close. Maybe the cigar was aged so well :dunno: That place has since closed down...sucks donkey balls.

My father in law used to know somebody who would get those regularly. My father in law would buy boxes upon boxes of those. He would light one cigar up around 3pm, smoke it until around 10pm and put it out. It would only burn up half the cigar and he would smoke the rest of it the following weekend (he only drinks on Fridays).

If anybody knows where I can get some Cuban Monte's, let me know.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
My father in law used to know somebody who would get those regularly. My father in law would buy boxes upon boxes of those. He would light one cigar up around 3pm, smoke it until around 10pm and put it out. It would only burn up half the cigar and he would smoke the rest of it the following weekend (he only drinks on Fridays).

Mexico brah it's legal to bring 2 boxes of cigars back

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi

Not even lying...i have been looking for some even since. That was well over 10 years ago. I will let you know though.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I was out at total wine today picking up some provisions for the weekend and due to some discussions in this thread I decided to visit their walk in humidor and pick up a couple acid kuba kuba's and I also got a regular Ashton magnum (5X50). Been so long since Ive had an acid.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If you guys get the chance and see one of these, I think they are excellent cigars. Aging Room cigars can be hard to find. My local cigar shop just got in several boxes of them. The shop is selling them for $7.00 each which is cheap for a large cigar that has a 95 rating and was ranked as one of the top 25 cigars of 2013.

Aging Rooms start off mild. they burn evenly. As you continue through the cigar, the flavor gets a little stronger. I'd say they are mild to medium through the first half. Working on the 2nd half now. Good cigar buzz and great taste.

Attachments

• Aging Room resize.jpg
    Aging Room resize.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 49

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
If you guys get the chance and see one of these, I think they are excellent cigars. Aging Room cigars can be hard to find. My local cigar shop just got in several boxes of them. The shop is selling them for $7.00 each which is cheap for a large cigar that has a 95 rating and was ranked as one of the top 25 cigars of 2013.

Aging Rooms start off mild. they burn evenly. As you continue through the cigar, the flavor gets a little stronger. I'd say they are mild to medium through the first half. Working on the 2nd half now. Good cigar buzz and great taste.

I actually had one of these last weekend and hated it. I am not sure if I got a bad stick, but it was honestly terrible. It had a bad taste and poor draw.

I stuck to one of my favorites tonight....Monticristo White Label and a glass of wine.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I actually had one of these last weekend and hated it. I am not sure if I got a bad stick, but it was honestly terrible. It had a bad taste and poor draw.

I stuck to one of my favorites tonight....Monticristo White Label and a glass of wine.

Either a bad one or we just have different tastes. The draw on the Aging Rooms I smoke is good and they burn evenly.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I was over at a neighbor's house tonight having some beers and mentioned having a cigar later tonight. He says "Dude, you like cigars? My son gave me a pack of them and I don't smoke them anymore." I said sure, not knowing what to expect and he goes out to his fridge and comes back with a pack of 15 Oliva cigars. It's a combo of Oliva Serie, Nubs and Cains. Score! Free cigars are high on my list of good things. :bigthumb:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Nice score! You say he went out to his fridge tho. If he had them in his refrigerator Id get them into a humidor stat. The fridge is not a good place for cigars, as fridges are meant to REMOVE moisture from things.

Yes, I already put them in my humidor. At least they were double wrapped and don't feel dried out. I think they will be OK. They smell good which is usually a good sign.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info