God you guys are gonna hate me

i say screw the b series muhaha!!! i have owned a civic and i have to agree with james.. he knows his motors on civics. he gone through enough of them haha.. i have owned a civic and i loved my sohc. i had a d16y7 and it had never failed me.. for you to say a dohc is more reliable sohc i say bullshit. its how one takes care of the engine thats how reliable a engine is. the advantage i see in a sohc is that if it happens to break u can get another one for cheap. they are a dime a dozen. the only thing i wanted to do to my civic was a minor turbo setup. minor meaning about 30hp. that was only because i had heavy ass passengers in the car. o btw my car had more than 100K on it and it would do 100mph no problem. if u wanna calculate the money you would be spending building a sohc vs buying a dohc plus building it. the dohc will cost so much more. the cheapest b series engine i remember was the b20. you had to make sure u had the right intake manifold because some were way to high. the transmission i believe didnt fit stock. if i remember correctly the walls were to thin on that engine. so boosting will cost you because they need to build the block. i guess i think of it this way the money spent on a built b series can also be used to build a d series block with a minor turbo setup. how much hp were u aiming for is the other question. but hey this is only what i think. one thing i ask is how heart broken are u gonna be if they steal your car. who knows they just might leave the d series motor thinking its stock versus you know they will take the b series no questions ask. it is a big reality with moded civics nowadays. just a thought.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the dohc will cost so much more. the cheapest b series engine i remember was the b20. you had to make sure u had the right intake manifold because some were way to high. the transmission i believe didnt fit stock. if i remember correctly the walls were to thin on that engine. so boosting will cost you because they need to build the block.

The walls on a B20 are very thin and can't hold as much boost as other B-series engines, and the B20 is out of a CRV so its a more difficult swap, thats why I picked up a different engine, and you wouldn't believe how cheap I got it for.

i guess i think of it this way the money spent on a built b series can also be used to build a d series block with a minor turbo setup. how much hp were u aiming for is the other question. but hey this is only what i think.

A Built D-series would level most B-swaps for similar money, but again, I got a B series engine for less than a D would cost me, so why not go B series?

one thing i ask is how heart broken are u gonna be if they steal your car. who knows they just might leave the d series motor thinking its stock versus you know they will take the b series no questions ask. it is a big reality with moded civics nowadays. just a thought.

gutted car, with car cover, with fuel cut, that is visually beat to piss, and living in corn-country, Its not going to get stolen.

Don't take what I'm saying in offense, Honda theft is a huge issue, but theft out here is more related to Drugs and/or trucks.

well its great you got the engine cheaper than a d series. hopefully it doesnt turn into a lemon. its because in most cases it is u get what u paid for you know. have that block checked out. though now u need a tranny, ecu, and motor mounts plus labor if someone else is doing the work. o btw i didnt mean theft in your area its when u come to chicago. i hear of civics stolen all the time when people "visit" for a short time. i.e. clubbing, bars, i have yet to hear while eating out though.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
well its great you got the engine cheaper than a d series. hopefully it doesnt turn into a lemon. its because in most cases it is u get what u paid for you know. have that block checked out. though now u need a tranny, ecu, and motor mounts plus labor if someone else is doing the work. o btw i didnt mean theft in your area its when u come to chicago. i hear of civics stolen all the time when people "visit" for a short time. i.e. clubbing, bars, i have yet to hear while eating out though.

Even if it turns out to be a lemon, the money I spent is worth all the parts I got, Comes with mounts, and I have a chipped ECU already so its gonna cost me $25 for a new chip to handle the motor. (And he's including the full wiring harness and the OBD2 ECU *Not that I would change from OBD1 ala lack of tuning)

Motor was pulled from a running damaged car, After paying for it I did some research on the seller and the car he was selling and have found pictures of the car it was pulled from, reason why it was pulled, and lots and lots of positive feedback as the seller owns Midwest autoworks *Fairly big tuner shop in Wisconsin* (Car was 'totaled' by insurance, and has no title, and the pictures of the car were FROM the auction, so I know its not stolen or anything like that)

And yea, if I visit the city in a stripped-out car I'd bring a club or use my fuel-cut. Thank you for your concern though, Goddamned out of control car theft, Check out Honda-tech lately and in Cali JUST members of honda-tech have 3-4 cars stolen a day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info