Giant Laptop/Computer Back To School Sale

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
As most of you don't know, I work with computers. I am also a certified workaholic which is why most people haven't met me. I do 50+ hours at my main job and then I do a lot of side work. This gives me access to computers people are getting rid of or don't need anymore. But I also buy/sell my own stuff. So it's that time of year where I need to clean house.

MSI GT70 – One of the best there is.
Sold!

ASUS G73
Sold!

Dell Precision Laptop with Docking Station
17" Screen
Intel Core i7
4 GB of RAM
Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit)
Nvidia Quadro 2000M video
Two power supplies
Notes: Ready to go
Price $350 - Firm

HP Elitebook
Sold!

Lenovo
Atom Processor – 1.6Ghz
1 Gig of RAM
146 GB Hard Drive
Windows XP – SP3
Notes: Very small and light weight. Ready to go.
Price - $80 - Firm

Acer Veriton
Atom Processor – 1.8Ghz
2Gigs of RAM
320 GB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Pro
Notes: Great home entertainment system. Low power and fanless so you don’t even hear it run.
Price - $160 - Firm

Dell Latitude D620
Sold!!!

HP Touchscreen Monitor
Notes: This is a single point touchscreen. So it’s not like an iPad which s multi-touch. But a single finger can be used as a mouse. This is used in POS systems, we used it over a piano as the kids were learning to play piano.
Price - $80 - Firm

Last edited:

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
Reaction score
does any of your cheap laptops have cd/dvd burner?

Also, is there a way to change out a motherboard in a laptop?

OP
MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
does any of your cheap laptops have cd/dvd burner?

Also, is there a way to change out a motherboard in a laptop?
Yes, the Dell Latitude has a CD/RW-DVD/RW. But it doesn't have any software on there to burn, you would have to get a Rixio or equivalent program on there.

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
Windows media player burns, doesn't it?

And that msi laptop sounds awesome. If I was in the market I'd hop all over it.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Reaction score
Kinda in the market for a dedicated tuning/datalogging laptop... Got anything cheap, that can handle getting kicked around in a car, yet has somewhat decent battery life?

OP
MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
Kinda in the market for a dedicated tuning/datalogging laptop... Got anything cheap, that can handle getting kicked around in a car, yet has somewhat decent battery life?
First, I need to know what connection you need to datalog because COM ports on a laptop are hard to come by these days.

If you an do it with a USB, I would say the Lenovo would be a good choice. It is very small and lightweight. The battery is OK, but a radioshack inverter would fix that;

Inverters & chargers - GPS & car power - RadioShack.com

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Reaction score
USB, correct. Only item I ever use with a Serial is done with a Serial to USB cable.

I'll keep an eye on this. I'll be back from NC in a week, so I should be in the market then. Also keep me in mind if you get your hands on anything else, as well.

BIGONTS

Reaction score
How's the battery on the Dell Latitude D620? I have the same one but the battery doesn't last longer than 10 min. Can you get me a replacement? Thanks

OP
MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
How's the battery on the Dell Latitude D620? I have the same one but the battery doesn't last longer than 10 min. Can you get me a replacement? Thanks
Sorry, I don't have any replacement batteries at this time.

License2Bill

Reaction score
Free bump for some great prices! I'm in the market for a higher end replacement for my old hp dv9000 that barely runs anymore. I'll be contacting you in the coming weeks to hopefully make a purchase.
Quick question, is the Blu ray drive on the MSI a burner or just a reader?

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
Free bump for some great prices! I'm in the market for a higher end replacement for my old hp dv9000 that barely runs anymore. I'll be contacting you in the coming weeks to hopefully make a purchase.
Quick question, is the Blu ray drive on the MSI a burner or just a reader?
He posted a review of the laptop under the pictures, and in the review it says it's a burner. Of course, it could have been replaced at some point, but theres a high likelyhood that it's a burner.

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
Reaction score
I wanna get a cheap one just for school and to check my email. Hopefully my next check I can afford it. This check wasnt a good one. I'd make an offer but I don't wanna sound like a lowballer on something already cheap.

OP
MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
Price is negotiable on everything. Worse I will say is no, or I might pull a Will Smith on you.

Aw, hell no.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Would you consider a partial trade on that G73?

I have a gateway 4300 series tower with a pair of flat screens, quad core, 1TB, 8gig memory, windows 7 64 bit.

Was $600 new, I've since upgraded the power supply (800 watt corsair IIRC), and a real video card (forgotten the model, its a sub $100 card now-a-days).

Moving to a smaller place and want to get into a more burley laptop instead of the tower.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Also have a sizable fishtank and nice treadmill that I'd barter with if you have no need for a desktop to flip :).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom