Giant Laptop/Computer Back To School Sale

As most of you don't know, I work with computers. I am also a certified workaholic which is why most people haven't met me. I do 50+ hours at my main job and then I do a lot of side work. This gives me access to computers people are getting rid of or don't need anymore. But I also buy/sell my own stuff. So it's that time of year where I need to clean house.

MSI GT70 – One of the best there is.
Sold!

ASUS G73
Sold!

Dell Precision Laptop with Docking Station
17" Screen
Intel Core i7
4 GB of RAM
Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit)
Nvidia Quadro 2000M video
Two power supplies
Notes: Ready to go
Price $350 - Firm

HP Elitebook
Sold!

Lenovo
Atom Processor – 1.6Ghz
1 Gig of RAM
146 GB Hard Drive
Windows XP – SP3
Notes: Very small and light weight. Ready to go.
Price - $80 - Firm

Acer Veriton
Atom Processor – 1.8Ghz
2Gigs of RAM
320 GB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Pro
Notes: Great home entertainment system. Low power and fanless so you don’t even hear it run.
Price - $160 - Firm

Dell Latitude D620
Sold!!!

HP Touchscreen Monitor
Notes: This is a single point touchscreen. So it’s not like an iPad which s multi-touch. But a single finger can be used as a mouse. This is used in POS systems, we used it over a piano as the kids were learning to play piano.
Price - $80 - Firm

Last edited:

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
Kinda in the market for a dedicated tuning/datalogging laptop... Got anything cheap, that can handle getting kicked around in a car, yet has somewhat decent battery life?

First, I need to know what connection you need to datalog because COM ports on a laptop are hard to come by these days.

If you an do it with a USB, I would say the Lenovo would be a good choice. It is very small and lightweight. The battery is OK, but a radioshack inverter would fix that;

Inverters & chargers - GPS & car power - RadioShack.com

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Free bump for some great prices! I'm in the market for a higher end replacement for my old hp dv9000 that barely runs anymore. I'll be contacting you in the coming weeks to hopefully make a purchase.
Quick question, is the Blu ray drive on the MSI a burner or just a reader?

He posted a review of the laptop under the pictures, and in the review it says it's a burner. Of course, it could have been replaced at some point, but theres a high likelyhood that it's a burner.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Would you consider a partial trade on that G73?

I have a gateway 4300 series tower with a pair of flat screens, quad core, 1TB, 8gig memory, windows 7 64 bit.

Was $600 new, I've since upgraded the power supply (800 watt corsair IIRC), and a real video card (forgotten the model, its a sub $100 card now-a-days).

Moving to a smaller place and want to get into a more burley laptop instead of the tower.

Thread Info