Fyre Fest lol

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Maximum sentence bruh.

He'll get a year and some fines.
Not on a fed case. Sentence guidelines a lot stricter than state cases.
There will be a mandatory minimum for his crime. Only way you don't get that mandatory minimum is to "help them out". If you don't "help them out" then you get that mandatory minimum.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
watched the Netflix documentary/comedy :rofl:. Its amazing how many dumb rich Kardiashian sheep got scammed here by Ja Rule and crew. A complete lack of leadership and planning. Nahhhh we dont need bathrooms, plumbing or running water. It just fucking appears. I have zero pity for anyone with more money than brains that attended this when all the red flags were there. I died when they showed up to a plane with Fyre Festival spraypainted on the tail and rolled up in a bus to a campground of soaked FEMA tents :bowrofl:

The people that really lost here were the locals that worked under the sun with no pay building this humanitarian crisis.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i haven't seen either yet, it was maybe in a vice article i had read that there was a conference call where a bunch of legit objections were raised and the top people on the call's response was something along the lines of 'yeah just make everything EPIC' or something asinine. seems like an attempt to organize a massive event with the most naive idiots ever.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
LOL!!

4c8584ae1392370965905f7eb464dde0.jpg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Ok, decompressing...

I’d say the Hulu documentary focuses on Billy and his past and the attendees more. Focuses more on the marketing and selling of the festival. They got interviews with Billy himself and one of the former marketing guys from Fuck Jerry (who marketed the festival). I preferred the Hulu documentary because it felt more truthful and didn’t feel like it had an alternate agenda.

The Netflix one focuses more on the employees and the people who helped create the festival and the Fyre app developers. The big issue I have with the Netflix documentary is that it was also produced by Fuck Jerry, so obviously they limited what they felt was their involvement or knowledge, but it still had some interesting angles that the Hulu one didn’t get into.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i watched the netflix one yesterday and enjoyed it, think i'm probably tracking towards liking it more, we'll see.

the hulu one certainly felt like it started out a lot more clumsily, whereas netflix was telling me a story, hulu felt all over the place.

on the part about the influencers talking about themselves now (i'm like, positivity) - kinda funny. i mean hey good on you if you can get paid for being young and attractive. wonder how many will save that money or be able to maintain that 'career' though. i worked from bali a couple winters and there were some there, although i was under the impression they were also living more off the guys they were with.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Billy McFarland is a fraud. In my opinion Magnesus and Fyre Festival were cash grabs, nothing he ever fully intended on realizing. He bilked money out of investors and customers to put in his personal piggy bank. I got sick of hearing how much an amazing salesman he was. Of course it is easy to sell the world when you are promising things you can’t deliver on. Hope that guy catches a bunch of beatings.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Ok, decompressing...

I’d say the Hulu documentary focuses on Billy and his past and the attendees more. Focuses more on the marketing and selling of the festival. They got interviews with Billy himself and one of the former marketing guys from Fuck Jerry (who marketed the festival). I preferred the Hulu documentary because it felt more truthful and didn’t feel like it had an alternate agenda.

The Netflix one focuses more on the employees and the people who helped create the festival and the Fyre app developers. The big issue I have with the Netflix documentary is that it was also produced by Fuck Jerry, so obviously they limited what they felt was their involvement or knowledge, but it still had some interesting angles that the Hulu one didn’t get into.

i can see where you're going with the latter now as fuck jerry tries to escape everything in their own doc on netflix. those guys seem to be douchebags in general as well, stealing memes and getting paid to post ads next to them on insta.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Billy McFarland is a fraud. In my opinion Magnesus and Fyre Festival were cash grabs, nothing he ever fully intended on realizing. He bilked money out of investors and customers to put in his personal piggy bank. I got sick of hearing how much an amazing salesman he was. Of course it is easy to sell the world when you are promising things you can’t deliver on. Hope that guy catches a bunch of beatings.

He’s in federal, pound me in the ass, prison, so it’s distinctly possible

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
The guy is a total scammer. What I think happened was that he just put too much window dressing on his scams. To make the scam look good and to pull in more suckers he hired some competent people that were never told it was a scam so they just worked their butts off to make everything work and they were amazing at what they did. The credit card for elitist douchebags? that was a success only because of lucking out on marketing.
He rolled that into meeting some famous faces, used their faces for more marketing. I do not for a moment believe he was ever intending on really putting on that festival.
And man, at at the end of the Netflix one were this guy's ego is so out of control that he invites people to film him scamming people with fake ticket sale. I mean WTF?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
The guy is a total scammer. What I think happened was that he just put too much window dressing on his scams. To make the scam look good and to pull in more suckers he hired some competent people that were never told it was a scam so they just worked their butts off to make everything work and they were amazing at what they did. The credit card for elitist douchebags? that was a success only because of lucking out on marketing.
He rolled that into meeting some famous faces, used their faces for more marketing. I do not for a moment believe he was ever intending on really putting on that festival.
And man, at at the end of the Netflix one were this guy's ego is so out of control that he invites people to film him scamming people with fake ticket sale. I mean WTF?

the only way i can reason that out is that he just had this compulsive need for attention.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
i can see where you're going with the latter now as fuck jerry tries to escape everything in their own doc on netflix. those guys seem to be douchebags in general as well, stealing memes and getting paid to post ads next to them on insta.

Just watched both. The Netflix doc definitely has a lot of “We didn’t know what was going on, poor us”, from FJ, which is hilarious when the FJ defector in the Hulu one made it sound like they knew exactly what was happening. I mean, they were deleting all the comments, including the people who were successfully outing the festival as a fraud.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info