Fun family hauler $32k and under.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
FWIW my grandma has a '16 Escape Titanium AWD 2.0 and my mom has a '15 SRT Jeep and the Escape feels more sporty in day-to-day driving just for how nimble the chassis is and how light it feels compared to the Jeep. Also, the Escape averages ~19mpg (my Grandma is 83, and drives to her job as a pre-school teacher literally 1 mile from her house so it barely warms up by the time she arrives) and the SRT averages 9. Yes, NINE. My moms commute is 6 miles one way.

edit:
Escape is ~3600lbs in AWD flavor
SRT is ~5100lbs

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Do you guys really go out and romp on your wife's family hauler with car seats in back? Going WOT only accomplishes moving all the fallen goldfish to the back of the seat compartment...

I do all the time in my Wife's Edge if the kids aren't in there. I use the car quite a bit for running errands because of the cargo space.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Used 2014+ Explorer Sport? Good MPG, quick, sporty, plenty of room, etc.

Just another thought.

Still waiting to catch [MENTION=5001]Ryan02Stang[/MENTION] on the way to work with him in his wife's sport to race em in the rango. SEE YOU ON THE STREETS, BOI!!!!

I test drove a Explorer Sport before buying the Edge Sport. The difference is night and day. The Explorer is much bigger and felt kind of sluggish to me. The Edge definitely has a firmer suspension and handles much better. What I am getting at is the Explorer feels more like a sport SUV and the Edge is closer to a sporty sedan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info