Fuck Turbo Tax

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
How's so?

We checked with 6, yes six accountants. Cheapest one within 15 miles of our house was $175 for married/filing separately. Horrible reviews though.

Your worried about saving $75 and finding the closest one for something you do once a year. I used to go to a local account. Two years ago I finally listened to my friends that go to an account in WI who used to work for the IRS. I dont want to talk numbers on here but I am now a believer.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Your worried about saving $75 and finding the closest one for something you do once a year. I used to go to a local account. Two years ago I finally listened to my friends that go to an account in WI who used to work for the IRS. I dont want to talk numbers on here but I am now a believer.

It's not just $75, though.

We went to an accountant last year. It was $250.

It took him 2 weeks to file our taxes. During this process, he had repeated questions about this or that. Bad experience? Sure.

We spent under $100 for Turbo tax, took us less than an hour, didn't have to drive 30-40 miles and wait for someone else to do a job we are paying them.

Turns out, it was the same amount from Turbo Tax and the accountant. There is no magic accountant in my eyes that can somehow get you hundreds or thousands back that Turbo Tax cannot.

Glad you have a good accountant and it works for you. Accountants do not work for us (Married, no kids, no business, etc.)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If they do get thousands more back it’s not legal lol, I found an error on my coworkers taxes that got him 3k more back the accountant was claiming the money our company pays towards our health insurance as union dues like 13k in union dues when we only pay 1100 a year

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info