Ford MOD motors take 1,2,3 at the Engine Masters

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Hi, my name is KJ and I have no clue what Iam talking about......

LS1

Engine Dimensions

lq4-truck.gif

4.6 Mod Motor

Ford modular SOHC & DOHC tech & specifications

4.6L DOHC Cobra Intake A: 27 1/8" B: 23 5/8" C: 26 5/8"

sidev8.gif

enginef.gif

fo real?

I thought this is what was going on...

Modvs302size.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think as well it'd be neat to raise the 7k rpm limit... keep it the same fuel and the compression the same, let these engines sing.

Would be interesting for sure. Some of the bigger motors may not like the RPM. So we would probably see smaller motors. But I think that would take away torque numbers. I enjoyed seeing a Ford MOD motor making 600 ft/tq @ 3200 rpm. That geeks me out more than seeing it making the HP number it did.

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
Why do you say that? This is the first time the motor was used with good results. Chevy and Mopar motors have done very well in the past.

In addition to allowing 4V's this year they also outlawed shaft rockers & solid lifters for the pushrod engines. Or so I was told. I kind of agree with KJ's point. The way I look at it is part of the mod motors advantage is it has more valve area in it than most any small block and also its stable valve train. Part of the pushrod motors advantage would be big cubes not possible in the mod motor. In penalizing for CID & handicapping the valvetrains of the pushrod motors you'd be a fool to build anything but a 4V. They should loosen those rules up more to let the different platforms shine without handicapping another. Just my 2cents

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info