First time ever at the track! Not too bad...

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
That makes sense. So then it's fair to say even with a harder launch, better hook (60ft and 1/8th) I'll run a better ET and my mph 'might' be lower...which in turn still proves my point that the car doesn't have a shit tune or happy dyno numbers because it didn't trap faster than 125-130. Serious question, just trying to learn as much as I can!

in all honesty I think your trap speed is low for what whp it makes, it could be that it just dosent make that much power any more, or your gear/tire size choice but with an auto car it traps what it traps +/- a couple mph weather you launch great or spin

Camarokid327

Fear of speed bumps but slowly getting over them.
Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
in all honesty I think your trap speed is low for what whp it makes, it could be that it just dosent make that much power any more, or your gear/tire size choice but with an auto car it traps what it traps +/- a couple mph weather you launch great or spin

Great point...Not out of the realm of possibility that the procharger belt is stretched out a bit and experiencing some belt slip resulting in being down 1-2 PSI as I am still on a damn 6 rib setup. 8 rib already on the winter mod list.

Camarokid327

Fear of speed bumps but slowly getting over them.
Jul 24, 2013
Chicago

Well, went back to GLD on Saturday but only got one run in due to snapping the blower belt right after the finish line, which took out both the serpentine& AC belt and luckily not a radiator hose too.

I did tighten the Procharger belt on that run a little more but still spun my ass off rolling out of the hole. Don't have the slip on me right now for the exact numbers but it was around...

60ft - 2.2
1/8- 7.X @ 100mph
1/4- 11.6X @ 131mph

So I guess I was not making 600rwp the previous night possibly due to stretched belt or belt slip and weather. Unfortunately it looks like tightening the blower belt a 1/2 turn more was too much for the belt.

Bottom line, I need a DR tire and rear end ASAP lol.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Well, went back to GLD on Saturday but only got one run in due to snapping the blower belt right after the finish line, which took out both the serpentine& AC belt and luckily not a radiator hose too.

I did tighten the Procharger belt on that run a little more but still spun my ass off rolling out of the hole. Don't have the slip on me right now for the exact numbers but it was around...

60ft - 2.2
1/8- 7.X @ 100mph
1/4- 11.6X @ 131mph

So I guess I was not making 600rwp the previous night possibly due to stretched belt or belt slip and weather. Unfortunately it looks like tightening the blower belt a 1/2 turn more was too much for the belt.

Bottom line, I need a DR tire and rear end ASAP lol.

131mph looks alot better

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info