May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
tumblr_luoz9rJ7F71r6aoq4o1_500.gif

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Just seems like your new diesel can do the job of all 3.

My dads boats. Not so much.

The main thing isn't what the diesel "can't" do, it's more, what it doesn't "NEED" to do, which is pull light trailers, plow snow and run to and from Hayward at 1,000 miles a trip, 2-3 times a MONTH, most of the time empty or with a sub 3000# trailer. Ask anyone who's been up to my place in Hayward, up until the F350 I've used the shit out of my trucks up there, back in the field, out on the trails cutting trees, etc... They get beat up and abused as well as a metric shit ton of miles put on them. For now I've gotten by using my ATV with a 4x8 trailer up there, but I'm to the point of buying a SxS to use up there, but the questions comes of why... The SxS I'd get for up there would cost about the same as a four year old truck with low 100's on the clock and can be street driven and used, so to me it makes sense.

It comes down to this, I'm not going to mile out and beat up a truck that would cost $70,000 to replace when I have the option to spend $12-15,000 on a 2nd truck that can also make me back SOME money via snow removal, get beat up and have 35-40k of the 50k I drive annually on average and prolong the life of the F350 for pulling the boat, heavy trailers (it'll be getting a 5th wheel setup soon) and for when I just feel like being in something nice.

If you figure 5 years of ownership at my average driven mileage (50,000/yr, technically a little higher but we'll use that for easy numbers) if I buy a brand new $70,000 6.7 PSD that truck will be worth about $20,000 with 250,000 miles on it, judging on current market values of the trucks with said mileage. Now, if I only put 75,000 miles on the same truck in that time, it'll be worth roughly $45,000

We're really only talking about two trucks here, the F350 and whatever newer gasser I add to the fleet. The Suburban will be sold to a friend of mine who is in love with it and is willing to fix the things it needs, and the Yukon Diesel project will be a long time in the making, eventually just becoming a "toy". I'll summer DD the DuraKon once it's finished, but, it won't be a winter vehicle, and will probably receive some performance parts and simply used like anyone else who has a Corvette/Camaro.

I'm bored. Both of you elighten us as to what purpose each vehicle serves that the other cannot fulfil.

Ask and you shall receive lol.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
my two pickup trucks are similar enough. gas,four doors, with a bed and shit, the same colors.

yet are entirely 100% different :rofl: driving my "big truck" to jewel or some shit is a project. i have to park at the other end of the lot so i don't get boxed in :rofl:

fuck even my "big" 1/2-ton requires strategic parking at the grocery store. Can't wait to park it in Lincoln Park tonight! All 244" of it

Edit, nevermind KJ. GM's numbers are retarded.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
The main thing isn't what the diesel "can't" do, it's more, what it doesn't "NEED" to do, which is pull light trailers, plow snow and run to and from Hayward at 1,000 miles a trip, 2-3 times a MONTH, most of the time empty or with a sub 3000# trailer. Ask anyone who's been up to my place in Hayward, up until the F350 I've used the shit out of my trucks up there, back in the field, out on the trails cutting trees, etc... They get beat up and abused as well as a metric shit ton of miles put on them. For now I've gotten by using my ATV with a 4x8 trailer up there, but I'm to the point of buying a SxS to use up there, but the questions comes of why... The SxS I'd get for up there would cost about the same as a four year old truck with low 100's on the clock and can be street driven and used, so to me it makes sense.

It comes down to this, I'm not going to mile out and beat up a truck that would cost $70,000 to replace when I have the option to spend $12-15,000 on a 2nd truck that can also make me back SOME money via snow removal, get beat up and have 35-40k of the 50k I drive annually on average and prolong the life of the F350 for pulling the boat, heavy trailers (it'll be getting a 5th wheel setup soon) and for when I just feel like being in something nice.

If you figure 5 years of ownership at my average driven mileage (50,000/yr, technically a little higher but we'll use that for easy numbers) if I buy a brand new $70,000 6.7 PSD that truck will be worth about $20,000 with 250,000 miles on it, judging on current market values of the trucks with said mileage. Now, if I only put 75,000 miles on the same truck in that time, it'll be worth roughly $45,000

We're really only talking about two trucks here, the F350 and whatever newer gasser I add to the fleet. The Suburban will be sold to a friend of mine who is in love with it and is willing to fix the things it needs, and the Yukon Diesel project will be a long time in the making, eventually just becoming a "toy". I'll summer DD the DuraKon once it's finished, but, it won't be a winter vehicle, and will probably receive some performance parts and simply used like anyone else who has a Corvette/Camaro.

Ask and you shall receive lol.
Where'd the m1009 go?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I'd consider a 1008 for just using in Hayward, but, the idea of it not being able to be plugged in and needing to start in 0* weather to plow snow somewhat deters me lol
Block heater is easily installed. I have one. Or you need an arctic kit :naughty:

But for the price they command you're probably better off with another truck for that use

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info