Fall Cruise to Starved Rock - October 11th

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
[MENTION=1317]ThirdgenTa[/MENTION] Just so you know this is also the day of the Utica Burgoo Festival. Utica gets packed for this (in excess 10k people)... Just giving you a heads up on the potential traffic issues.

From last years thread

The burgoo festival is going on that same day in Utica as well, so might want to avoid going through there. So much stuff that day, lol. I wanna get out to the show in Morris as well. Dunno if I'll make this, but figured I'd warn ya about Utica.

Thanks. We avoided it last year.

Thanks again. I always do research to see what's going on in the area when I do cruises. I also do the cruise by myself, the week before,to make sure that no roads are closed or any construction so that I have time to make changes if necessary.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Just giving the heads up but there's going to be a shit show going to starved rock 6 days before your tour. I have a feeling cops will be getting everybody.

17b08d8751d8d928580445deb76ecbba.jpg

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Ohhhhh. So that is what I saw at last years cruise on my way home.

If I remember correctly, you left right out of the park and took 178 to I80. When we leave the park we will be exiting back the way we came to get to the route going back East. You missed an awesome set of roads.
Also, depending on how nice the weekend is, Starved Rock might be packed. We may or may not get to park together. I want to make sure that everyone is with us when we leave. Last year 2 people didn't want to get hassled by the cops because of the earlier incident so they parked completely somewhere else. I couldn't see the back of the group so I asked over the radio if we had everyone and someone said yeah. Didn't notice they were missing until we were out of the park.
Whatever you do, keep an eye out for the person behind you. I can only see so much around corners.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Just giving the heads up but there's going to be a shit show going to starved rock 6 days before your tour. I have a feeling cops will be getting everybody.

17b08d8751d8d928580445deb76ecbba.jpg

Wonderful... Groups of bikes and cars go through there almost every weekend. We will be doing the 25mph speed limit through the park. As long as you aren't revving, doing burnouts or speeding, they let you be. We will have plenty of other open roads where we can go fast and play.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

I just got an invite to my nieces baby shower party, and its on the 11th. :tear:

Dang. What time is it at? You could always do the first part with us. We will not be far from the Yorkville area for a few hours.

Should be able to make it, unless I get stupid the night before.

Yeah you are going to need to be awake and not hungover for this. I would take it easy. It will be worth it on Sunday.

You know I'm pumped! :run:

:fy:

Thread Info