• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Excursion vibration

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] so the transfer case snapped the bolts off fell down and was held up by the driveshafts, I got that all put back together and now from 50-55 and faster it vibrates once you get over 70 it's bad, I was thinking u joints is there something else I should look towards or just replace the u joints

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Carrier bearing. But yea look to see if there is any dry red dust spots around any of the caps.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is there a chance the driveshafts are out of balance? Got bent or dinged up causing rotational issues?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Reaction score
Carrier bearing? I didn't think they had one. Unless its a gasser thing

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Carrier bearing. But yea look to see if there is any dry red dust spots around any of the caps.
Everything associated with the u joints is covered in rust but they feel tight, What carrier bearing you talking about

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Couldn't remember if ex had a 2 piece shaft. I'd take the shaft down and see if any are binding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom