🔧 BUILD Emerson Builds an Army Utility Trailer into Camping Overland Off Grid Luxury Suite

General Information

1688756916592.png

:jg: Well actually it didn't just appear there... I had to drive all day and get it:

HOCXBl0.jpg

I guess Yaj Yak and I were having the same sort of idea at the same time and he beat me to the punch and we both took different routes...:werd: Thanks to ilikemtb999 for the knowledge assist.:fy:

It is an M116A3 with an A101A2 bed on it for those that know their lingo.

kmDUQGw.jpg

4d1m1Qj.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Works for me. I know the truck shipment wouldn't be anymore money for two tents. You aren't paying for weight when it is 150 lbs a tent. The skid takes up too much room.

So many benefits... Doubles as a place for friends to come visit and if weather sucks its good for that.

sweet, ill conjure up something shortly.

Pics? I got the changing area but seems too small as a place for friends if it's just covering the ladder like an elevator shaft. Or is it more so another room connected by a ladder?

another room, on the ground, next to the vehicle. typically like 6' by 8' or so i guess

summit-tent.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
sweet, ill conjure up something shortly.

I'm researching mattress sizes, so far on the list I have all have a good size.

So far I really like this one though:

Adventure sole Echo RT: G-Series
The bravo doesn't seem as good the way the awning is.

Did you happen to catch an in on that one at Expo Portal?

Also haven't found a good pic of the CVT Mt. Rainier Standard annex setup...

The Tepui you mentioned at the beginning is also excellent. Its just more expensive. That Echo G is 1550 and the Tepui is 1950

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Another good research link: Roof Top Tent Buyer's Guide - | TAP into Adventure!

More research:

Bed Size RTT Style
92.5" x 74.8" -XL Tent
76x96 -Bravo RT: G-Series
76x96 -Echo RT: G-Series
72x96 -Mt. Rainier Standard
72" x 96" -Gran Sabana "Great Savanna"
62x90 -Explorer Plus Wide

THAT 76 by 96 please

There is an Adventure Sole guy on EXPO: Expedition Portal

And they have a GB:

*GROUP BUY ALERT* with Oregon Trail Off-Road
Here at Adventure Sole RT we believe in supporting a team of regular guys out doing what they love and showing people that they can do it too. Oregon Trail Off-Road is about to embark on an epic journey for 40 days. You can read all about them and their journey on their page. Starting today we are offering a Group Buy on all our tents. Get up to 10% off any of our tents. 5% automatically will go to OTO. When you PM us please enter OTO10% so we know.

From their FB and IG - https://www.facebook.com/AdventureSoleRT/ I think it expires Sunday, August 21, 2016

Attachments

• GB.jpg
    GB.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 60

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
So there's a "wall" between the room and the vehicle doors, ya?

OPTIONAL ITEMS – Optional annex walls add additional room for storing, vehicle access, changing clothes, relaxing, or even sleeping additional individuals. The annex walls can be zipped on or off very quickly from your Adventure Sole RT and include two windows and a door. The “U” shaped panel at the rear of the annex walls can be zipped open to enable you to access your vehicle through either the rear door or side door (depending whether rear or side mounted tent). The total drop from the top of the walls to the ground is 2000mm.

ECHO RT - Adventure Sole Rooftop Tents

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm researching mattress sizes, so far on the list I have all have a good size.

So far I really like this one though:

Adventure sole Echo RT: G-Series
The bravo doesn't seem as good the way the awning is.

Did you happen to catch an in on that one at Expo Portal?

Also haven't found a good pic of the CVT Mt. Rainier Standard annex setup...

The Tepui you mentioned at the beginning is also excellent. Its just more expensive. That Echo G is 1550 and the Tepui is 1950

didn't catch an in... im still really liking the tepui that includes the annex...

I don't like the annex on the regular sized Smittybilt tent:

230618-add1-lg.jpg

So if the XL is that way, that one is out.

ya nope.

Another good research link: Roof Top Tent Buyer's Guide - | TAP into Adventure!

More research:

Bed Size RTT Style
92.5" x 74.8" -XL Tent
76x96 -Bravo RT: G-Series
76x96 -Echo RT: G-Series
72x96 -Mt. Rainier Standard
72" x 96" -Gran Sabana "Great Savanna"
62x90 -Explorer Plus Wide

THAT 76 by 96 please

There is an Adventure Sole guy on EXPO: Expedition Portal

And they have a GB:

*GROUP BUY ALERT* with Oregon Trail Off-Road
Here at Adventure Sole RT we believe in supporting a team of regular guys out doing what they love and showing people that they can do it too. Oregon Trail Off-Road is about to embark on an epic journey for 40 days. You can read all about them and their journey on their page. Starting today we are offering a Group Buy on all our tents. Get up to 10% off any of our tents. 5% automatically will go to OTO. When you PM us please enter OTO10% so we know.

From their FB and IG - https://www.facebook.com/AdventureSoleRT/ I think it expires Sunday, August 21, 2016

that's the link i stole the spreadsheet from.

[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] hasn't posted in this thread in an hour. I'm calling life alert. :bowrofl:

I'm genuinely concerned about [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION]

:rofl: im here, im here. trying to move my fiance out of her house right now too. life is intense.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What am I missing about the tepui? They are both nice but what's better to the tune of several hundred

isn't it way bigger? also more durable tent material, condensation pad under matress (i guess this is a big deal) and annex with all walls is included in the price

i dunno, maybe i like their fancy website. :rofl:

Bed topper plus raised platform with storage underneath, for the KJ

Good enough [MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION]?

im thinking about this also... 8' bed is plenty to lay down on

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
what's price on annex?

13257080_1020471681351321_1730412411_n.jpg

OPTIONAL ITEMS – Optional annex walls add additional room for storing, vehicle access, changing clothes, relaxing, or even sleeping additional individuals. The annex walls can be zipped on or off very quickly from your Adventure Sole RT and include two windows and a door. The “U” shaped panel at the rear of the annex walls can be zipped open to enable you to access your vehicle through either the rear door or side door (depending whether rear or side mounted tent). The total drop from the top of the walls to the ground is 2000mm.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION]

Based on my research:

Annex is included in both the Tepui and the Adventure Sole (per the spreadsheet you provided and websites)
Bed is bigger in the Adventure Sole by 4 inches: Tepui is 72x96 and AS is 76x96
Price which includes annex is $1549 for AS and $1950 for Tepui

The condensation mat is optional on the Tepui and costs $95. There is no mention of it on the AS so I would assume it is also not included.

As far as fabric.

AS:
BODY FABRIC – Adventure Sole RTs are made from high-quality, breathable, waterproof, and mold resistant 280g rip-stop poly-cotton canvas. We guarantee it will protect you from even the heaviest rain and winds. The polyurethane (PU) coating helps prevent condensation from permeating through the canvas and is easily wiped dry and clean, reducing any likelihood of mildew and staining. All seams are sealed with welded seam tape to prevent water ingress through thread stitching holes. And all materials meet current fire retardant standards.

RAINFLY FABRIC – Adventure Sole RTs incorporate Oxford Polyester Flysheet, with excellent water-shedding ability.

Tepui:
Canopy Fabric 260 g Polyester Cotton; 600D ripstop fabric with waterproof ventilate coating; UV and mold resistant
Rainfly Fabric 420D Polyester Oxford; PU coated

So the AS fabric which is 280 is heavier duty than the Tepui which is 260.

So yeah, you like their fancy website. Because AS also has 10% off.... Just sayin'

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
tepui is 10% off also.

i don't see anywhere, aside from the 3rd party spreadsheet, where it says the annex is included for the adventure sole.

It is on the website you provided:

Roof Top Tent Buyer's Guide - | TAP into Adventure!

Also on their website there is no where to buy one.

So the next step would be to confirm with them. But it appears you have already made your decision.

Thread Info