• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Eibach lowering springs

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
Saw this craigslist ad:

I have a set of eibach lowering springs that are brand new paid 260 for them they fit 1999 thru 04 asking 100 for them need them gone
Thanks for looking
Emailed him about it and he replyed:

Yes its all for springs and it is a 1.3 drop all around and no box for them i ordered springs for the grand am i had but they sent me grand prix ones and i lost the slip so they been sitting around so the box got ruinded sorry but they are brand new trust me if i had the box i would ask 200 for them they go for 260.00 brand new so this is a deal thanks for looking
So... is there any way to make sure they are for Grand Prix's and NOT a Grand Am?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
They should have a Part number on them somewhere. I swear my eibachs do....

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hell no. I run Vogtlands.

IIRC, the Eibach's like to ass sag until they fixed them in a later production run. Might want to double check.

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
if you pull the combos yourself and just have a shop change the springs it shouldnt be too bad.

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
2 shops by my house wouldnt even do it and the one that would wants $400 for the install.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
I have the eibach pro kit... I had a small set of rubber spring blockers in back to fix the ass-sag and the drop looks good overall... you just have to get a GOOD set of struts to match cause GR-2s or stock will get blown/worn FAST

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
2 shops by my house wouldnt even do it and the one that would wants $400 for the install.
Most shops like us that are familiar with lowering springs and aftermarket struts charge around 45-60 per strut. $400 is most likely the price they threw at you because they have never done them and need to cover there ass if they take 6 hours to do them.

As mentioned with eibachs you will want to get a set of AGXs for a half way decent ride, not OEM replacements.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd say if you get new struts just get new tophats as I'm sure they're ripped anyways. Then you can assemble them all by yourself with no special tools needed.

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
Its all good... Didnt know it would cost that much and or need some more parts before anything.. but thats why I came here before I bought the springs. :bigok:

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Never will I ever run Eibachs. I was ALMOST tempted right now to buy them, if you weren't, since one of my springs broke in the front, but its such a rough ride. I wont go back to that. I had them on my old Regal and after a year they were 1 inch LOWER than a roughly a month (had to let them settle, first) after I had first put them on. "he lowering springs that keep lowering."

raygtps

World ain't what it seems, is it gunny?
Reaction score
I have spring compressors so if you need a hand installing them let me know.

Ray

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
Reaction score
if you need someone to install them my shop has a spring compressor i can get you in on a saturday after we close if you want just PM me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom