🔧 BUILD Eagle's 92 Fox 5.0 5spd resto

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Nate Nate 1MEANGT 1MEANGT -

Looking for some ideas on tuning the Fox once this all gets transplanted. I have the Anderson PMS which says its supported for both the fox and sn95 chassis.... but is the piggy back harness the same? (basically the harness that goes between the ECU and the main harness connector)

If I should just go get a chip burned, I'm game - just need to know what direction to go for best results.

Chris91LX

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 2, 2008
Crystal Lake
I had a PMS for quite a while on my car and wouldn't really recommend it. It's pretty limited because it's just a piggy back system to the stock computer (which is also really limited). But it really depends on what you are planning for the car. I'd recommend talking to Mike Post or whoever you plan to have tune it and get their recommendations.

Post tuned my car with the PMS way back when and it got me into the 9's, but was pig rich and we couldn't get it dialed in with its limitations. Obviously going with an aftermarket ECM is the best option, but also will cost $$. I can tell you my experience if you want some background, easier in a phone call than wearing out my thumbs. Just pm me.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I have no experience with the PMS. Back in the day I used a SCT chip with the stock computer. Car ran great with both the blower setup and then the turbo setup before I went hog wild and needed a stand alone. As long as your MAF is matched to the injectors a SCT chip tune should work fine for your all motor setup. FYI, I ran up to 42lb injectors with the SCT setup.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Slow but sure.

Flywheel gets here tomorrow, chip from Mustang Mike is on the way to AJ Performance, dyno scheduled for the 29th....

WILL I MAKE IT???

Difference from last night when the car got back to tonight. Time to take a break.

20200913_201114.jpg

20200914_214809.jpg

Nate

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Mar 4, 2014
Wondertucky
Reactions: LikeABauce302

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Get an Aeromotive 340 and stick it in the tank with a new harness if you're dropping it. That's a lot like work to do so you may as well set the next guy up. You'll be ready to split the block if/when you decide to get silly.

Then again it may just be a sock too but why chance it?

Oh and a TFI Module in these is ALWAYS suspect. Even a new one.

Damn you for being right. Too bad "the next guy" is me still. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Didn't post the update picture last night. Getting the stock exhaust out SUCKED. One motor mount bolt and it's ready to come out.

Need to figure out if the water pump needs to be changed... The Cobra pulley from the 92 doesn't fit the 94 pump.

Need to look at the speedo situation, I think the t3550 will hook up to the mechanical cable, but not sure?

Need to decide which rails I'm going to use. The 92 rails are more anemic than the 94, but not sure if the quick connects are compatible or not...

Need to pull the stock air filter assembly, Cowan the engine bay up a bit and touch up paint stuff, and basically God knows what else.

Chip is on its way to have a base tune burned... Dyno the week of the 28th!

20200917_085801.jpg

Reactions: Bru

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Didn't post the update picture last night. Getting the stock exhaust out SUCKED. One motor mount bolt and it's ready to come out.

Need to figure out if the water pump needs to be changed... The Cobra pulley from the 92 doesn't fit the 94 pump.

Need to look at the speedo situation, I think the t3550 will hook up to the mechanical cable, but not sure?

Need to decide which rails I'm going to use. The 92 rails are more anemic than the 94, but not sure if the quick connects are compatible or not...

Need to pull the stock air filter assembly, Cowan the engine bay up a bit and touch up paint stuff, and basically God knows what else.

Chip is on its way to have a base tune burned... Dyno the week of the 28th!

View attachment 67188

Speedo cable should work, it did when I had my Tremec TKO.

The 94 fuel rails will work. I ran those on my stock motor, they flow much better. You will need to bend the feed\return lines a bit with a hand held tube bender but they should plug right in.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto and Eagle

Thread Info