3800 Dyno'd the car.

I

imported_1fastGTP

well they did the final tuning on the dyno today.... it hit 500whp at 18psi. i max out the MAF at 22psi, i need a walbro fuel pump, and some new fuel rails/logs if i want to make anymore power. so im really excited!! i pick the car up on friday! so whats going on for the night!?!?!

I

imported_1fastGTP

ridiculous

1/4 expectations?
[/b]

ZZP stated i can hit mid-low 11's with full weight basically all day long. if i want 10's interior comes out, with slicks and possible skinnies. im debating on taking it to the track before the season ends. Also they dont think the tranny will hold... which makes me a little worried.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
well they did the final tuning on the dyno today.... it hit 500whp at 18psi. i max out the MAF at 22psi, i need a walbro fuel pump, and some new fuel rails/logs if i want to make anymore power. so im really excited!! i pick the car up on friday! so whats going on for the night!?!?!
[/b]

Come to the Schaumburg Fridays were having a little celebration for syp's birthday.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

ZZP is right about the trans, even their highest HP rated trans will break if you stay at full weight. You need to put your car on a diet unless you want to become as chummy with your trans builder as John T is to Dynotech.

He wanted to stay full weight with 10's, and broke something almost every track outing in a 2 year period.

The only other option is the GMR trans; which will not break...however, you will be the first GP'r to buy one IIRC.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
sounds like you need to go to Sinr and let him start ripping things off.
[/b]
sure ill start with the hood, the spoiler and everything shiney :ph34r: :p
congrats shaun, how much power did it make at 22psi
we will see what we can do about getting those rails out to you asap
dont bother with the walbro. go inline or turn down the boost

im with ron on pulling some weight out to help the tranny(and every other drivetrain part)

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
<div class='quotemain'>
sounds like you need to go to Sinr and let him start ripping things off.
[/b]
sure ill start with the hood, the spoiler and everything shiney :ph34r: :p
congrats shaun, how much power did it make at 22psi
we will see what we can do about getting those rails out to you asap
dont bother with the walbro. go inline or turn down the boost

im with ron on pulling some weight out to help the tranny(and every other drivetrain part)
[/b][/quote]

Ill x3 that to. Plus free gain is always good. Just takes a little time. You have a dd anyways so it doenst have to go right back in.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I thought I posted. Apparently I didn't... :)

I'm of the same opinion with the transmission. When you're running that much power through it stuff is going to break just because it's a full size car.

You seem to have changed the build to all out speed Shaun. Might I suggest moving some of the creature comforts to the daily driver and removing them from this car? You're going to save yourself a lot of frustration in the future.

Congrats on the numbers... I saw that Matt called the converter loose. I'm not sure how loose it is but keep in mind that the more power the car makes the "looser" the converter is going to seem. I'm sure Matt knows that as well.

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
I thought I posted. Apparently I didn't... :)

I'm of the same opinion with the transmission. When you're running that much power through it stuff is going to break just because it's a full size car.

You seem to have changed the build to all out speed Shaun. Might I suggest moving some of the creature comforts to the daily driver and removing them from this car? You're going to save yourself a lot of frustration in the future.

Congrats on the numbers... I saw that Matt called the converter loose. I'm not sure how loose it is but keep in mind that the more power the car makes the "looser" the converter is going to seem. I'm sure Matt knows that as well.
[/b]

Their convertors now are kind of loose imho. Not as loose as a friends old 245mm protorque 3k tho. That thing went like strait to 3k everytime. Im hoping to be able to test my yank 3k out soon. Im hoping its pretty tight but ive heard they are pretty loose.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
He's actually running our converter which is why I commented. I think people see the RPM rating for converters which should always be taken with a grain of salt because they vary significantly with power.

I'm curious to see how that Yank does too. I remember when they were all on eBay.

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
He's actually running our converter which is why I commented. I think people see the RPM rating for converters which should always be taken with a grain of salt because they vary significantly with power.

I'm curious to see how that Yank does too. I remember when they were all on eBay. [/b]

Good curious or bad? Im hoping its ok. I hadn't herd anything bad about them untill recently when someone couldnt get his to lockup right. If this car runs agian and i have issues with the convertor i think im done with this thing. Nothing over the last year has gone right. :angry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info