Dyno Tune

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
the o2's are through the roof. without a wb you cant be sure, but you are VERY rich. is this still with the 3.2 pulley? if so, you must go to at least a 3.4. you shouldnt be doing any WOT runs at all, until you do a full VE tune, using eddies table modifier thingy, and get those fuel trims under control.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Jul 29 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xtant12 @ Jul 29 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 21 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So recently ive been thinking about taking a vacation. But, since i dont really have anyone to go anywhere with (all due to money issues from what it seems like, typical) ive been thinking about taking my car to ZZP and seeing what those guys can do for me. Basiclly what im asking you guys is do you know any other people that would be better for this? Im kinda looking for someone that is going to help me understand as they tune (guessing ZZP wont do this). I picked up a PT not to long ago, but i just really dont understand it (justyourshadow) is working on it currently but i know that neither he nor i can kick as much ass as a trained professional.

Let me know what you guys think. Whats a good dyno tune run these days?

thanks for your help guys.

Kevin[/b]

I made the mistake of buying the DHP Power Tuner, I wish I never bought it. I admit it is good to scan and knock out codes but that’s about it. They give you this website to (HELP) you but this is code for just do it yourself. I had a dyno guy do mine and I was happy with his results. He charged a fair amount and the kick in the face was he used my tuner.. He tried to teach me a little about it.. He mainly does Cobras and Vetts so it was a little bit different but at least he tried to help. Even he said he couldn’t believe they would let you spend all the money just to let you attempt it yourself and blow your motor.. I hear they are not around anymore, is this true.
[/b][/quote]
You would have the same problem with HP tuners jason, if you dont understand tuning or the changes you are making then it wouldnt matter what product you are using. HP tuners has its advantages over a DHP PT, but at a cost(and its not just better pictures).
Dont you find it a little odd that a guy thats never used the PT before was able to tune your car and after years of having the PT you were never able to use it for its real purpose?
[/b][/quote]

This is true, but at least if I went with HP I would have Mike.. :rolleyes:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 28 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well we got the knock down to appx 4* (with the rare occasion of 5-6*) and shes starting to kick like a mule!

i think that hes going to post the scan on here so that you guys can look at it and give us just a few more pointers but i do think that its possible to get it down further....help me/us out please.

mclovin get that scan up here for these guys to see....please[/b]

Kick like a mule with 5-6KR... give me a break. Put a bigger pulley on the car.

LTFT's are way rich. You need to get those in line with some VE or MAF tunes before you play with WOT fueling. Ive never even seen WOT O2's in the 1000's :lolsign:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xtant12 @ Jul 29 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 21 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So recently ive been thinking about taking a vacation. But, since i dont really have anyone to go anywhere with (all due to money issues from what it seems like, typical) ive been thinking about taking my car to ZZP and seeing what those guys can do for me. Basiclly what im asking you guys is do you know any other people that would be better for this? Im kinda looking for someone that is going to help me understand as they tune (guessing ZZP wont do this). I picked up a PT not to long ago, but i just really dont understand it (justyourshadow) is working on it currently but i know that neither he nor i can kick as much ass as a trained professional.

Kevin[/b]

I made the mistake of buying the DHP Power Tuner, I wish I never bought it. I admit it is good to scan and knock out codes but that’s about it. They give you this website to (HELP) you but this is code for just do it yourself. I had a dyno guy do mine and I was happy with his results. He charged a fair amount and the kick in the face was he used my tuner.. He tried to teach me a little about it.. He mainly does Cobras and Vetts so it was a little bit different but at least he tried to help. Even he said he couldn’t believe they would let you spend all the money just to let you attempt it yourself and blow your motor.. I hear they are not around anymore, is this true.
[/b][/quote]

I was also overwhelmed when I first got my powertuner. But I read all I could and now I know how to adjust things and know what different tables do etc. You have to READ READ READ. You are NOT going to find out how to use it by just playing around with it on the computer, and its not just going to hit you in the face one day.

Just Yourshadow

Who the hell is this guy?
Aug 25, 2008
Fox River Grove
Real Name
Robert
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Jul 30 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xtant12 @ Jul 29 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kevin[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I was also overwhelmed when I first got my powertuner. But I read all I could and now I know how to adjust things and know what different tables do etc. You have to READ READ READ. You are NOT going to find out how to use it by just playing around with it on the computer, and its not just going to hit you in the face one day.
[/b][/quote]

I agree but to me every tuning guide or major how-to post that i've read seemed incomplete. I can't put my finger on it but it just seems something isn't there.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
mclovin, buddy, you both need to stop tuning those cars until you get a wide band on both. Your car looked alright to me besides running out of in injector but... this car is so incredibly rich its not even funny, i bet the plugs are fouled out now. I'd take a look at them before proceeding for sure. The reason for the instant knock is highly doubtful that its the trans. Usually when its the trans its a blip not a constant, and i know he has solid motor mounts so the engine isn't rocking around. There is a point right before the car enters pe, you need to find that maf frequency there and use the maf frequency to richen that part up, thats the ideal way for that but... 1000 o2's?!. What kind of timing is it commanding right when it enters pe mode? that also will be a contributing factor. I'm done trying to get him to put on a 3.4 because obviously he won't after pretty much everyone on here told him its not the tune, so the only way to get rid of that knock is keep running it horribly rich, and pull all the timing out. Set the timing to 10* and pretty much all kr is gone, but don't lean it out or it'll start knocking again. If the car pulls like a mule with crappy timing and nasty afr's then imagine what it would do on a 3.4 with 11.7 afr and 20* of timing with no kr...?? Someone tell me i'm wrong, because i'm starting to believe i am, if i was right he would have listened correct?? i will personally donate $20 towards you buying a 3.4 pulley will that help? If i had one, i'd give it to free of charge because i'm not trying to be an asshole, i'm trying to help.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12.99someday @ Jul 30 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
mclovin, buddy, you both need to stop tuning those cars until you get a wide band on both. Your car looked alright to me besides running out of in injector but... this car is so incredibly rich its not even funny, i bet the plugs are fouled out now. I'd take a look at them before proceeding for sure. The reason for the instant knock is highly doubtful that its the trans. Usually when its the trans its a blip not a constant, and i know he has solid motor mounts so the engine isn't rocking around. There is a point right before the car enters pe, you need to find that maf frequency there and use the maf frequency to richen that part up, thats the ideal way for that but... 1000 o2's?!. What kind of timing is it commanding right when it enters pe mode? that also will be a contributing factor. I'm done trying to get him to put on a 3.4 because obviously he won't after pretty much everyone on here told him its not the tune, so the only way to get rid of that knock is keep running it horribly rich, and pull all the timing out. Set the timing to 10* and pretty much all kr is gone, but don't lean it out or it'll start knocking again. If the car pulls like a mule with crappy timing and nasty afr's then imagine what it would do on a 3.4 with 11.7 afr and 20* of timing with no kr...?? Someone tell me i'm wrong, because i'm starting to believe i am, if i was right he would have listened correct?? i will personally donate $20 towards you buying a 3.4 pulley will that help? If i had one, i'd give it to free of charge because i'm not trying to be an asshole, i'm trying to help.[/b]
lol, you buy it and ill put it on....if i can hit mid 13ish at the track with it; only at that point will i yield.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
hmm.... If I was tuning the car then i would do it on one condition... You pay me back for the pulley when you run mid 13's all day or at least 101+ traps just in case you spin or sand bag lol, but either way you have my word on the $20 which i will gladly hand over to you when i see it (3.4) on the car and correctly tuned. You have plenty of mods to get mid 13's, you just need the timing and correct fuel to get you there. I'll bet with the corrections you've already made you'll get high 13's, and there is soooo much room for improvement. You really need a wide band because well, they are a tuners best friend, and your narrow band might be lying to you lol. You guys are definitely getting better at using the tuner, your progress is noticeable but, i wouldn't fidget to much with fuel until you know for sure whats actually passing through the motor. A lot of that kr you guys got rid of is because its running so rich the cylinder temps are probably way down. its confusing, you want the coldest possible air into the combustion chamber (nice and condensed), and you want the hottest burn inside of it. I understand you know all of this stuff so try to not take my explaining this to you like you are an idiot, that will just cause to much tension lol. I have the mps from 3800performance.com if you can fit one of those pulleys on your car, my 3.4 is yours. I'm just not sure if it will fit... You have more mods than me, your car should be nearly as fast, minus the little i get from E85...

Just Yourshadow

Who the hell is this guy?
Aug 25, 2008
Fox River Grove
Real Name
Robert
ok, I understand his car is rich, great. Was I wrong to add fuel when his o2 where in the 1xx range? and yes i understand how to do a VE tune but i don't understand why. From what understand is that a VE tune is only used in case of MAF sensor failure. I could be and probably wrong and think of something else but i'm still new and still learning alot. I don't mean to sound cocky or ignore what has been said but i'm not trying to get him dead on right now i'm just trying to get him close. once i get him close then i'll fine tune until then he has to get his car legal before i can really work on it.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yea, don't ve tune, its pointless. Skip that whole part, some people like it big tuners don't. Just go straight to tuning the maf, because he needs that too with -12.5 ltft's locking in at wot. That can be serious depending on how much leeway he has later in future with his afr's.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
a ve tune is where you need to start. big tuners dont do it (like zzp/intense) because it takes too long. this car needs to start from scratch. ditch the zzp base tune, start from stock. 12.99 is running a good alky time, you need to listen to some of the guys who have more tuning experience. in most cases, you can skip the VE tune, and go for the maf, but its not a very reliable tune all the time (or so i have found) and it can be a pain to get it dialed in correctly. i could start with the VE tune, then maf tune to get the fuel trims under control. once they are, you can then start WOT tuning.

why are you so reluctant to go up in pulley size? it cant possibly be because you can't afford it. if thats the case, you cant afford to be flooring it with 5* kr

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Jul 31 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
why are you so reluctant to go up in pulley size? it cant possibly be because you can't afford it. if thats the case, you cant afford to be flooring it with 5* kr[/b]

well said, all it takes is the knock sensor to mess up for a split second and your scraping piston out of your oil pan, seen it happne

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 31 2008, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Jul 31 2008, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he has to get his car legal before i can really work on it.[/b]
stupid emissions.....im working on it dude
[/b][/quote]
TOOK ME ALL OF 5 MINUTES TO PASS 2 WEEKS AGO>> :lolsign:
dam caps(other people using computer) :angry:

check out my garage :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info