Dyno Tune

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
like i said, dont worry about it .... i simply asked for one thing and i got almost everything but .... Rob, give me my tables or post them up, then you guys will understand why my cars so fucked up....the numbers are all over the place....

your all telling me to do something about it and i KNOW its the tune, NOT the pulley, thus, im trying to do something about it.

i will be getting a borla exhaust system as well within the next month so that will help as well (not to the extreme that the tune will but it will help)....currently im running on a stock exhaust with a high flow cat....no good.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 22 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
like i said, dont worry about it .... i simply asked for one thing and i got almost everything but .... Rob, give me my tables or post them up, then you guys will understand why my cars so fucked up....the numbers are all over the place....

your all telling me to do something about it and i KNOW its the tune, NOT the pulley, thus, im trying to do something about it.

i will be getting a borla exhaust system as well within the next month so that will help as well (not to the extreme that the tune will but it will help)....currently im running on a stock exhaust with a high flow cat....no good.[/b]

Have you tryed a stock bin and scanned? Its always good to start from scratch. I hear ZZP PCM's command crazy timing, that could be alot of your problem. Cat-back exhaust will probably do nothing for reduction of KR. Tuning over mechanical problems is also not the best, not saying you have some, but you could.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 22 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i will be getting a borla exhaust system as well within the next month so that will help as well (not to the extreme that the tune will but it will help)....currently im running on a stock exhaust with a high flow cat....no good.[/b]

Have you tryed a stock bin and scanned? Its always good to start from scratch. I hear ZZP PCM's command crazy timing, that could be alot of your problem. Cat-back exhaust will probably do nothing for reduction of KR. Tuning over mechanical problems is also not the best, not saying you have some, but you could.
[/b][/quote]

WOW, thanks, thats the first time that ive ever got advice from you that seems reasonable to try, i have a stock pcm that i may switch out and see where we stand.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 22 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 22 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

WOW, thanks, thats the first time that ive ever got advice from you that seems reasonable to try, i have a stock pcm that i may switch out and see where we stand.
[/b][/quote]

Some of you guys come off a little mean. So i see where got3800 is getting pissed, but most of the info is pretty spot on and should not be ignored. 8* of knock is in no way normal or average, and the borla system will not help anything but change sound and be lighter then stock(only real advantage and is where most people feel the gain)
Ive never seen a zzp pcm command to much timing. only problem with the zzp pcms we have seen are they change almost nothing when compared to other companys canned PCMs.
I would also like to see a current bin file.
How much boost are you running?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Jul 22 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Some of you guys come off a little mean. So i see where got3800 is getting pissed, but most of the info is pretty spot on and should not be ignored. 8* of knock is in no way normal or average, and the borla system will not help anything but change sound and be lighter then stock(only real advantage and is where most people feel the gain)
Ive never seen a zzp pcm command to much timing. only problem with the zzp pcms we have seen are they change almost nothing when compared to other companys canned PCMs.
I would also like to see a current bin file.
How much boost are you running?[/b]
at WOT right around 12lbs.....

vac is around 20inches

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
switched to an iPhone. Now LOL.

Anyway before you go spending 75+/hr for dyno time,it's best to street tune it then use the dyno toload a file for say; 3.4 with high timing. Then load one for a 3.2 with less timing and see which one makes more power. The dyno is best used to fine tune things and see what produces more power

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
agreed! Dyno's are good for finding out which tune is best fit for old girl. Kevin I really hope i didn't piss you off with this whole skedaddle. I was just trying to help based off the information you supplied. Its hard to believe your numbers are that messed up ya know? If you can do what i can do with hptuners you should call zzp and have them send you a new tune or the same tune via that came with the computer via email so you can reload the tune and start all over with a fresh un-messed version. start with fuel trims get them between +/-5 idealy and if you can fine tune them to +/-3 it will only help. You would do this by adjusting the maf frequency by the % the ltft's are off. I would start with stock timing tables (this is the part where a bigger pulley would ideal) and check for knock, make sure stft's, and ltft's go to 0 when you enter pe mode which is power enrichment usually set at about 30-40% throttle. The trims should lock 0 right away at wot, (if they don't then you have more work to do) and and if you are seeing knock even if its 2-3* get off the throttle. Check what your o2 was reading at the time of knock if its in the 920-950 range then you are good to go with fuel. Now you need to start pulling the timing out where it is knocking until you can get a wot run knock free. Hopefully you should be able to run stock timing tables with ur setup and the 3.2 pulley. I didn't go into speciific detail because i'm not sure if you know how to do this stuff or not. Thats the basics of getting the tune started but you gots to get some help in person beyond that because thats a huge write up lol. The hptuners for newbies guide is good but i'm not sure you can use that being that you have a pt instead. Hope this helps you a little, and I really hope I didn't piss you off to much. ;)

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
yea same here, but i will NOT tell someone to rely on a stock o2 for anything not in that range. He can get a wideband to fine tune it, but who's to say urs is reading right? Urs might be 30mv's off of what his says. You don't know that and neither do I so lets stick to the range i recommended.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
true. however ive been through 3 sensors, trying to see if it's the car, or the sensors, and i have checked the circuit for continuity, and i have tried a bosch,denso, and am now using an oem delco front nb02.

you best bet though, has got to be to shoot for 920's with 0kr, 18* timing. if you can do that, and make 10psi, the car will rip

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I still don't see 02's so that makes it really hard to tell you whats wrong. If your not running lean then your pulley is to small. The numbers aren't off that much, your ltft's are actually pretty close, i was expecting way worse. You start out at 15* of timing when you get on it and the kr kills it down to 10. That tuner seems really confusing so i don't know exactly how to change stuff but you need to calibrate your maf a little better, it really isn't off that much though so thats a good thing because that part takes forever. I would pull 6* of timing in every cell at wot until you get your fueling right that will help prevent your car from blowing up in the mean time. To really help you i need fuel information, like what the mv's are at wot. I really have a feeling you are running way to lean because your mods should support a 3.2 but all cars are different ya know? Don't forget to get a wide band as soon as possible so you can get a really good tune.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
well we got the knock down to appx 4* (with the rare occasion of 5-6*) and shes starting to kick like a mule!

i think that hes going to post the scan on here so that you guys can look at it and give us just a few more pointers but i do think that its possible to get it down further....help me/us out please.

mclovin get that scan up here for these guys to see....please

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 21 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So recently ive been thinking about taking a vacation. But, since i dont really have anyone to go anywhere with (all due to money issues from what it seems like, typical) ive been thinking about taking my car to ZZP and seeing what those guys can do for me. Basiclly what im asking you guys is do you know any other people that would be better for this? Im kinda looking for someone that is going to help me understand as they tune (guessing ZZP wont do this). I picked up a PT not to long ago, but i just really dont understand it (justyourshadow) is working on it currently but i know that neither he nor i can kick as much ass as a trained professional.

Let me know what you guys think. Whats a good dyno tune run these days?

thanks for your help guys.

Kevin[/b]

I made the mistake of buying the DHP Power Tuner, I wish I never bought it. I admit it is good to scan and knock out codes but that’s about it. They give you this website to (HELP) you but this is code for just do it yourself. I had a dyno guy do mine and I was happy with his results. He charged a fair amount and the kick in the face was he used my tuner.. He tried to teach me a little about it.. He mainly does Cobras and Vetts so it was a little bit different but at least he tried to help. Even he said he couldn’t believe they would let you spend all the money just to let you attempt it yourself and blow your motor.. I hear they are not around anymore, is this true.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xtant12 @ Jul 29 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I made the mistake of buying the DHP Power Tuner, I wish I never bought it. I admit it is good to scan and knock out codes but that’s about it. They give you this website to (HELP) you but this is code for just do it yourself. I had a dyno guy do mine and I was happy with his results. He charged a fair amount and the kick in the face was he used my tuner.. He tried to teach me a little about it.. He mainly does Cobras and Vetts so it was a little bit different but at least he tried to help. Even he said he couldn’t believe they would let you spend all the money just to let you attempt it yourself and blow your motor.. I hear they are not around anymore, is this true.[/b]
there still around but the support is gone for them...i picked up one cheap with "justyourshadow" that is completely open and let me tell you, after a little bit of reading and working on his car...he kicked the shit out of mine.

also, i would agree HPT is a higher version and can be classified as "better" but the PT gets the job done if you know what your doing.....

Cheaper with same function > Expensive with pretty pictures

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xtant12 @ Jul 29 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jul 21 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So recently ive been thinking about taking a vacation. But, since i dont really have anyone to go anywhere with (all due to money issues from what it seems like, typical) ive been thinking about taking my car to ZZP and seeing what those guys can do for me. Basiclly what im asking you guys is do you know any other people that would be better for this? Im kinda looking for someone that is going to help me understand as they tune (guessing ZZP wont do this). I picked up a PT not to long ago, but i just really dont understand it (justyourshadow) is working on it currently but i know that neither he nor i can kick as much ass as a trained professional.

Let me know what you guys think. Whats a good dyno tune run these days?

thanks for your help guys.

Kevin[/b]

I made the mistake of buying the DHP Power Tuner, I wish I never bought it. I admit it is good to scan and knock out codes but that’s about it. They give you this website to (HELP) you but this is code for just do it yourself. I had a dyno guy do mine and I was happy with his results. He charged a fair amount and the kick in the face was he used my tuner.. He tried to teach me a little about it.. He mainly does Cobras and Vetts so it was a little bit different but at least he tried to help. Even he said he couldn’t believe they would let you spend all the money just to let you attempt it yourself and blow your motor.. I hear they are not around anymore, is this true.
[/b][/quote]
You would have the same problem with HP tuners jason, if you dont understand tuning or the changes you are making then it wouldnt matter what product you are using. HP tuners has its advantages over a DHP PT, but at a cost(and its not just better pictures).
Dont you find it a little odd that a guy thats never used the PT before was able to tune your car and after years of having the PT you were never able to use it for its real purpose?

Just Yourshadow

Who the hell is this guy?
Aug 25, 2008
Fox River Grove
Real Name
Robert
Heres his latest scan http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=5205

Yes, I know his fuel trims are off but i didn't have time to fix them. His knock has gone down but that's because his car is getting fuel now (he was extremely lean). The only thing I don't understand is whenever he goes WOT from a roll and it downshifts to 2nd it's instantly 6*kr and it stay there. My guess is it's something in the trans as it felt funny from the passengers seat but other than that I have a new tune for him sitting on my laptop.

Robert

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info