Votes: 22 64.7%
  • No you idiot, it's a DD with a warranty

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I'm sure it's close to the same as GM. In fact, I have a good friend thats a service writer for Ford. I'll shoot him a text.

That is what this forum is all about.. Hopefully you get the green light to mod away. The amount of hesitation you guys have not to blow the truck up while under warranty would make me completely hesitate to modify it outside of the warranty... :run:

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012

dfabe56515aa46490a961742982cc8a3.gif

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
If you have other toys to mess around I'd leave your daily stock . I was so close to trow a Whipple on my 5.0 F150 but I decided to leave my daily alone . Few years passed by and I'm happy with this decision. My buddy popped a trans on his supercharged Silverado . GM dined the warranty

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I would leave the truck alone until after the warranty expires. These trucks aren't exactly slow in stock condition.

An aftermarket tune is definitely enough to deny a warranty claim on a transmission.

A tune most definitely is. However, it doesn't punch you square in the dick when you open the hood. Tune is a little low key. That was my point.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
I voided my CPO on the R almost instantly and I'm still getting warranty work passed through :rofl: Fuck it.

I had full bolt ons and E85 on my GTR and never had an issue to get work done at the dealer. It would have been a different story if trans or motor let go . Dealer can't do much in situation like that because computer data needs to be sent to the Corp office

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The VW dealer I go to basically told me that they have to prove the tune caused the failure...obviously if my motor, trans or turbo imploded...id likely be fucked and ultimately ALL warranty work has to be approved by VW America but if my water pump shit the bed, or alternator or whatever...theres a 99% chance I'm getting covered.

It doesnt really matter anymore anyway...pretty sure my CPO is donezo now that I've hit 36k miles. I forget how much I had left on it last time I was in.

Thread Info