Votes: 22 64.7%
  • No you idiot, it's a DD with a warranty

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Isn't it hard to get ford to cover shit on stock vehicles?

:rofl:

[MENTION=2762]boost21[/MENTION] how was ur f150 :io:

Only the transmission apparently :rofl:

Ford denied my ecoboost F150 timing chain at 90K miles even though there was a TSB on premature stretch, I had records and the truck had been to the dealer about once every 3-4 months. Truck was never tuned or modified in any way relating to performance. I had paid for Fords Premium care bumper to bumper warranty and it still also technically should have been covered under Ford CPO warranty. That being said the other 10 times the truck went in for various repairs they covered it. From what I found it really depends on your dealer but ill never in my life deal with Arlington Heights Ford again.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Ford denied my ecoboost F150 timing chain at 90K miles even though there was a TSB on premature stretch, I had records and the truck had been to the dealer about once every 3-4 months. Truck was never tuned or modified in any way relating to performance. I had paid for Fords Premium care bumper to bumper warranty and it still also technically should have been covered under Ford CPO warranty. That being said the other 10 times the truck went in for various repairs they covered it. From what I found it really depends on your dealer but ill never in my life deal with Arlington Heights Ford again.

Oh shit...AH Ford has the worst service department. Flex had a recall for power steering failure. I took it in when mine failed, first thing they did was try to deny the recall work because the wheels had some superficial curb rash (no gouging, just scratched finish). I had to call Ford corporate to get them to perform the work as a recall (which the dealer claimed was not an actual recall, even though it had a recall number.) THEN they were going to charge me for a 4 wheel alignment because of the work they had to do (which was only in the front), when the recall states that there's .5 hour of alignment allotted within the recall work. I told them I wouldn't pay for an alignment and they needed to release my vehicle if they were going to charge me for the alignment. The service writer refused to release my car. I called the service manager, who claimed his service writer said no such thing and would never say such a thing, he put me on hold for a minute, came back and asked what he can do to make this right because his service writer had possibly said something that maybe was misconstrued as refusing to release my car. I told him that he can do the recall work that is stated from Ford, and give me back my car with no charge, as it should be. He tried to argue again that it wasn't a recall, despite me again referencing the recall number, and my car's VIN match. After all was said and done, I got the work done, and didn't get charged anything, but the BS that I had to go through was outrageous.

I also had the Ford PremiumCare coverage, and still got all of this BS. Never had an issue like this at any other Ford dealer, and will never go back there for service again. I much prefer the service department at Bredemann, they were always awesome.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Dealer service is the fucking worst...if I could opt out of the factory warranty and receive an additional $2-3k credit on the purchase, I'd do it. If I were a domestic manufacturer I'd offer this as an option because dealers are basically never represent the manufacturer well when it comes to service. The good service depts are few and far between and are busy AF because word gets out that they're competent, and the other 95% are ran by complete morons

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yeah, like it's been said, going to be dealer specific.

Bredemann confronted me about the bigger front calipers I had swapped onto the Flex (just from a later year Flex, still all OEM parts) But when I told them the process I used, they said it's all good, and ended up replacing ABS hydraulic control module under the ESP warranty. I'm sure if I brought it into AH Ford, they would have denied everything, and charged my out the ass for everything.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Oh shit...AH Ford has the worst service department. Flex had a recall for power steering failure. I took it in when mine failed, first thing they did was try to deny the recall work because the wheels had some superficial curb rash (no gouging, just scratched finish). I had to call Ford corporate to get them to perform the work as a recall (which the dealer claimed was not an actual recall, even though it had a recall number.) THEN they were going to charge me for a 4 wheel alignment because of the work they had to do (which was only in the front), when the recall states that there's .5 hour of alignment allotted within the recall work. I told them I wouldn't pay for an alignment and they needed to release my vehicle if they were going to charge me for the alignment. The service writer refused to release my car. I called the service manager, who claimed his service writer said no such thing and would never say such a thing, he put me on hold for a minute, came back and asked what he can do to make this right because his service writer had possibly said something that maybe was misconstrued as refusing to release my car. I told him that he can do the recall work that is stated from Ford, and give me back my car with no charge, as it should be. He tried to argue again that it wasn't a recall, despite me again referencing the recall number, and my car's VIN match. After all was said and done, I got the work done, and didn't get charged anything, but the BS that I had to go through was outrageous.

I also had the Ford PremiumCare coverage, and still got all of this BS. Never had an issue like this at any other Ford dealer, and will never go back there for service again. I much prefer the service department at Bredemann, they were always awesome.

Yeah, like it's been said, going to be dealer specific.

Bredemann confronted me about the bigger front calipers I had swapped onto the Flex (just from a later year Flex, still all OEM parts) But when I told them the process I used, they said it's all good, and ended up replacing ABS hydraulic control module under the ESP warranty. I'm sure if I brought it into AH Ford, they would have denied everything, and charged my out the ass for everything.

I think it can also be person specific. I've had nothing but great experiences with AH Ford service. Hell, multiple times they haven't even made me pay the $100 co-pay when using the ESP warranty on cars out of factory warranty. My only complaint ever with them has been I've been given a Focus as a loaner before...which is garbage.

Wife went in there with a gouge taken out of the side of her tire once on her Explorer that only had like 5k miles at the time. They threw a brand new tire on there for like $110 (less than cost of tire)...and we don't have any kind of wheel/tire warranty.

That said...I do wish they'd offer a $2k-$3k credit in exchange for not having a warranty!

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
That being said..I still worry about having a major issue with the truck and being denied because of a tune

If retaining warranty is a concern, then search if Ford Performance or Roush has performance packs.

If they do, then would the warranty be retained if one of these Performance packs are installed by an automotive shop or dealer.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I think it can also be person specific. I've had nothing but great experiences with AH Ford service. Hell, multiple times they haven't even made me pay the $100 co-pay when using the ESP warranty on cars out of factory warranty. My only complaint ever with them has been I've been given a Focus as a loaner before...which is garbage.

Wife went in there with a gouge taken out of the side of her tire once on her Explorer that only had like 5k miles at the time. They threw a brand new tire on there for like $110 (less than cost of tire)...and we don't have any kind of wheel/tire warranty.

That said...I do wish they'd offer a $2k-$3k credit in exchange for not having a warranty!

I've been there a few times with a few different cars, and never have gotten great service. It was a shame too, because it was super convenient for me. No more Ford though, so NFG. Hoping the Autobarn in Mt. Prospect is still a solid place for service.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I tuned and deleted my truck with about 10K miles on it. Never had an issue.

I have a good friend that's a journeyman tech @ GM. He said they only download the ECM and send it in when they have to replace a entire engine or transmission. If it's a rebuild or head gaskets, no questions asked.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I tuned and deleted my truck with about 10K miles on it. Never had an issue.

I have a good friend that's a journeyman tech @ GM. He said they only download the ECM and send it in when they have to replace a entire engine or transmission. If it's a rebuild or head gaskets, no questions asked.

Good info, ty. Anyone know how it works for Ford?

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Wrote service on and off over the years working in the dealer world and was a service manager, I would make sure my techs and advisors were always on their game when it came to customers and our product.

I looked at as the customer gets their car repaired, Which then the techs makes money, and if you do those correctly those customers tell others and to bring more work to you.

Only real issue with warranty repairs with the factory was if you start to become heavy in one repairs, say transmission repairs, and are higher then others in your zone your factory rep has to step in and find out why. That’s where some dealers get burned.

Had a same brand local dealer not wanting to do transmission repairs and would send them all to our dealer as he did want his numbers to be too high. Me and my owner said f the factory let’s make money, which we did and captured those customers for repeat business.

01SILVERBULLET

Regular
Nov 10, 2004
I went Whipple stage 2 in my 2018 hooptie! It is just silly!

YOLO!

Attachments

• BS4A8372-17.JPG
    BS4A8372-17.JPG
    536.9 KB · Views: 99
  • BS4A8290-1-2.JPG
    BS4A8290-1-2.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 93

Thread Info