Discount Tire Ebay Sale Returns $100 off $450.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so for me, last time 295/70/18 cooper at3's on ebay were 232 each.

two sets of two = 464- 100 = 364 each set *2 = $728 for four shipped to me.

it was 14.99 per tire for mounting and balance at local discount tire... which is $60, looks like it is 19 a tire now, so we can call it 76

so

728+60 = 788 all in and installed... or 728+ 76 = $804

Right now the store is $244 a tire...

5mfGWDh.png

or 1171.66 installed with all the tax and fees... so that's a significant difference.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Local stores I called won't match. They will negotiate for tires they have in stock.

They have a $19 installation charge for tires you buy there. But for tires from Discount Tire Direct (or Tire Rack, or Wherever), it's the same charge, plus a bullshit "dismount fee" that was an additional $16 per tire. Plus, as I mentioned, the tires we higher priced online.

I just went through this last fall. Looking at the bottom line price, it was IDENTICAL (except for tax) whether I bought them at the local store or through ebay with local store installation.

I bought a set off ebay and had them installed at Farm and Fleet. So I did save the tax and much cheaper installation. And F&F will check the alignment, something Discount Tire can't do.

I'm not saying this is bad, it's just not quite as good as it looks. Be aware that the online price is higher than the local store and that the local store has bullshit fees for tires you don't buy there.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Local stores I called won't match. They will negotiate for tires they have in stock.

They have a $19 installation charge for tires you buy there. But for tires from Discount Tire Direct (or Tire Rack, or Wherever), it's the same charge, plus a bullshit "dismount fee" that was an additional $16 per tire. Plus, as I mentioned, the tires we higher priced online.

I just went through this last fall. Looking at the bottom line price, it was IDENTICAL (except for tax) whether I bought them at the local store or through ebay with local store installation.

I bought a set off ebay and had them installed at Farm and Fleet. So I did save the tax and much cheaper installation. And F&F will check the alignment, something Discount Tire can't do.

I'm not saying this is bad, it's just not quite as good as it looks. Be aware that the online price is higher than the local store and that the local store has bullshit fees for tires you don't buy there.

round lake price matched.

it sounds like you have a really shitty discount tire near you.

ive never seen a dismount fee.

in your case, it wasn't a great deal, in my case, and many other's on here, it's a really good deal.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Got 315 DuraTracs for <$1000 shipped to my garage door, thrown in the back of my truck, and same day installation on my other wheels. Let's not forget, DTD was shipping those motherfuckers fast as fuck. I got them in less than 24 hours and many other people did as well. Then the $98 fees for mount, disposal, and environment bullshit stuff that you can't avoid regardless of how you do it. So we'll call it an even $1100 just to play fair.

Looking at their website AS I TYPE, $1307 mounted, installed.

Saving $207? Yeah, I'll take that.

FUCK IT [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] YOU NEED TO PAY FULL PRICE BECAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

From discount tire website.

INSTALLATION AND LIFE OF TIRE MAINTENANCE

Installation includes all labor and parts necessary to install, or remove and replace, a tire. Parts for a new tire may include TPMS rebuild kit or rubber valve stem, and Life of Tire Maintenance includes Tire Flat Repair, Rotation, ReBalance, Inspection and Air Check.

Sounds like your DT sucks.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i was just trying to find an invoice for my local discount tire and on one, they charged me 16 a tire mount and balance- but that was tires i got from them that they price matched.

another invioce... :rofl:

they charged me $20 TOTAL to install 4 tires i bought from the internet... 4 atp's on my old truck.

BUT. :rofl: I bought the free replacement certificates for those tires... :rofl: wtf so maybe that balanced it out :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info