• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Decisions, Decisions. Drivetrain or Suspension mods for the T/A?

Drivetrain or Suspension mods for the T/A?

• 3600 converter and 3.73 gears

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Koni suspension with Strano springs

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Well, then, let's set it up.

It's hard to pass up this suspension offer because it's such a good deal right now. With the money saved I can get some gears or subframe connectors. I may do that and hold off on the converter. These 2.73s are killing me.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
First off why such a tiny converter? even on a stock LS1 a 3600 is garbage if your looking to go faster.

Second buy SUBFRAME CONNECTORS first before you tweak the shit out of everything and deftinally buy some Lower Control Arm's like Eagle said. They completely got rid of my all my wheel hop.

Also I am on a 2.73 and I love it don't know why you hate it so much? I cruise out low RPM on the highway, and at the track w/ the stall my gears pull long and hard.

I would atleast consider a 4000 stall on a stock/bolt-on LS1 and bigger if you plan to cam it etc.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Although for the average car guy, they start to cry about street car. And how it drives so if your on the "softer" side when it comes to mods then I suppose stick to a 3600 stall.

Lowering springs are not going to help you at all what so ever if your looking for better drag/launch times. HAL QA1's for the win!

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
You're going to put a 4000 stall on a 2.73? Should I LOL now, or wait until later?

Well you want to make a comment like that, coming from the guy who has a fully built suspension/rear end car, atleast a healthy sized cam PLUS Nitrous, LS1 who runs only slightly faster then my....
Lets see:

Basic bolt-on, 2.73 car I guess I should be the one LOL'ing. Stick with your M6 chief.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Although for the average car guy, they start to cry about street car. And how it drives so if your on the "softer" side when it comes to mods then I suppose stick to a 3600 stall.

Lowering springs are not going to help you at all what so ever if your looking for better drag/launch times. HAL QA1's for the win!

Not everyone wants to be a drag queen like you, dude.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
My car drives PERFECT on the street. I will glady cruise around 100+ miles with you guys then go racing. I still average 16-18 in the city and 22+ on the highway cruising 70mph.

I just dont think people should knock something when they have never owned, or had first hand experience with something somebody is asking. I would gladly let the OP come for a ride or drive my car so he can make his own decision. Since we have the same exact car.

b00ya

AHHHH!!
Jun 10, 2008
Aurora
everyone has different preferences on how they want the car to perform. A purpose built drag car needs 4000+ stall( I know they drive fine i had a 4400 in my 2.73 LT1 car and drove that fucker to work daily). for bru who wont be at the track or street racing all the time its pointless to go that high. 3600 will be perfect for what he needs.

Thread Info