• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Dealer work

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
I took my car in and had some warranty work done (ISS, Suspension TSB). Well when i took the car in I told the guy that my brakes pulsate a lil bit and I also noticed a nice lil indention on the front left rotor. He says he will look into it after the other repairs are done. Fine with me. He also asked if had changed the pads or anything like that. NO

I go to pick up my car at 4 ish and he says that they have to order new rotors because after they re-surfaced the rotor there is now a thumping noise when I brake. WTF Now ive never had anything done to the rotors and after 1 resurface I now need new rotors?????? Can someone help me understand this :blink: thanks

Aircal

Reaction score
Rotors are made thin to save weight. Not suprised it needs replacement after one time. Not like the old days when it took to hands to lift them.

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Reaction score
Tony,

Would you warranty be affected if you upgraded the rotors/pads???

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
Its just wierd because I had a similar issue with my 02 Impala and when they resurfaced the front rotors all was good. At least i get new Rotors :D

Framos: Yeah no warranty for upgraded rotors. Oh wait i think you mean does it affect my warranty on the rest of the car? if so nope

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Reaction score
Do I see upgraded rotors in the near future????

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you need to buy these with your own money, get some drilled slotted rotors off Ebay with the cad plating. I was able to pick up a set for 170 shipped (all 4). It may not really improve performance, but looks a lot better, and is cheaper than the dealer.

Aircal

Reaction score
I just got front rotors and ceramic pads, k&N filter cleaner and a can of brake fluid from auto zone for $150.00 I didnt think that was a bad price.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

I tried to have my sister's rotors cut for her Bravada, and the the guy told me that he wouldn't be able to take all the grooves out and have it still be legal (grooves were not that bad at all, certainly not for a first cut). It's definetely not the good ol' days were you could get 2 or 3 cuts out or a set of rotors.
I have the same setup that Ron was talking about, the coating is awesome, no rust, and I think they helped braking a little bit.
CJ

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
Well luckily the rotors will be covered by the warranty so I wont be spending any money. Which is the good thing about it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom