3800 Dealer work

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I took my car in and had some warranty work done (ISS, Suspension TSB). Well when i took the car in I told the guy that my brakes pulsate a lil bit and I also noticed a nice lil indention on the front left rotor. He says he will look into it after the other repairs are done. Fine with me. He also asked if had changed the pads or anything like that. NO

I go to pick up my car at 4 ish and he says that they have to order new rotors because after they re-surfaced the rotor there is now a thumping noise when I brake. WTF Now ive never had anything done to the rotors and after 1 resurface I now need new rotors?????? Can someone help me understand this :blink: thanks

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you need to buy these with your own money, get some drilled slotted rotors off Ebay with the cad plating. I was able to pick up a set for 170 shipped (all 4). It may not really improve performance, but looks a lot better, and is cheaper than the dealer.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

I tried to have my sister's rotors cut for her Bravada, and the the guy told me that he wouldn't be able to take all the grooves out and have it still be legal (grooves were not that bad at all, certainly not for a first cut). It's definetely not the good ol' days were you could get 2 or 3 cuts out or a set of rotors.
I have the same setup that Ron was talking about, the coating is awesome, no rust, and I think they helped braking a little bit.
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• TonzKnock-G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list