Dasfinc is Adulting

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Actually Drove the car finally outside of my Test drive (My wife drove home), and have basically confirmed this is the ideal commuter for my drive.

Big observations so far:

-The audio in the 2.0T is crisp and higher quality than the MACH 500 system in the Mustang

-'HondaSense' is VERY impressive (the name of the suite of safety features). On the Highway with ACC/LKAS, the car drives itself. I don't mean like "It bounces from one side of the lane to the other" I mean, it holds itself in the center of the lane, through turns, and at appropriate speed/distance to the car in front of it with me just resting a hand on the bottom of the wheel. (It detects when I'm not holding the wheel and yells at me for steering input).

-The Drivetrain is likely the smoothest I've ever driven, I didn't even realize I was in 4th on the highway for probably half a mile at one point.

-Turbo Lag/Spool/Surge simply doesn't exist, Period. It makes power like something with vastly more displacement.

-Ride is extremely compliant on the highway, nothing from the morning commute unsettled it.

-It's exceptionally light and responsive, which is a huge relief going back into FWD as my daily.

-I'm going to probably look into shifter options at some point; the shifter is excellent, but I'm just very accustomed to shorter throws and a tighter feeling. That being said; it's actually tighter/better feeling than the Mustangs OEM one (which I had put back before trading in and forgot how bad it was).

-K&N Typhoon Intake/Tint/Some kind of Exhaust are likely all in the cars future for a little more 'sporty' feeling, the car is no doubt heavily muted for 99% of people that buy it.

bruh ive been saying this about the crv for two years bruh

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
bruh ive been saying this about the crv for two years bruh

I seriously had no idea Honda had come that far on this.

I drove a Rental Corolla a year ago with similar tech and it was pretty terrible, it would just bounce from one side of the lane to the other (Was REALLY just meant as a driver aide).

I feel like Honda is pulling an "Under Promise, Over Deliver" with the level of how good it was driving into work today. I acknowledge this was all highway and clear weather, but still, REALLY surprised.

Thread Info