Dasfinc is Adulting

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
After a long run of Mustangs, I’ve decided to move to something a little more suited to my daily work commute and toting my daughter around without destroying our STI.

I de-modded and traded off my 2013 Mustang GT for a brand new 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T with the manual trans. (Thank you @Beast, for those that are looking, he is your guy).

It’s basically a Civic Type R in a tuxedo with fat man seats, and is generally an EXTREMELY impressive platform. The powertrain is silky smooth and you’d be hard pressed to tell it’s even Turbocharged unless someone told you prior. The shifter is smooth and the car is a nimble handler.

It’s plenty quick, will get 30mpg on 87oct for my commute, and has every feature under the sun.

29daaac09ece6dc0ae66fc2b8405ba24.jpg

f8f23c822c2727aac24f06f4fbb43825.jpg

0714f4c68aaaa76070f9aa0886b6bd65.jpg

9d979676eff57a561c26af58a81a803e.jpg

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Nice, I wish I had a manual DD. The wife won't allow it in case we ever need to swap cars.

Oh ho ho ! ! ! - None of THAT shit.

I made my whole FAMILY learn manual. Someday, for whatever reason in an emergency, a manual car may be the only one available.
Your ass better be able to at least move it.

Wanna go on vacation to Europe? 95% of the cars over there are manuals.
Life skill should be learned.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Love these things. Ultimate classy/sporty/practical/economical adultmobile with no luxury car repairs/shit resale.

Congrats on the UPGRADE from a mustang :io:

If I wasn’t scared of early development, apparently these things can could potentially be faster than the Mustang with the Stage 2 Hondata tune on E85? Something silly like nearly 400+wtq

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
these are a damn good looking car. And I still kills me sometimes thinking my wife could have had one but bought a fucking 2018 malibu instead.....:fu:

They make those with 10 speeds too.

No domestic offering even crossed my radar when shopping. I don’t know why anyone would actually pick those offerings over the Japanese or Korean makes now after checking them all out back to back at the auto show this year. I feel like someone has to have never sat in say a Yaris to actually buy a ford Ecosport for example. They are just a million miles apart in quality.

The 10 speed has some mixed reviews, but the vast majority good.

I went manual because I genuinely enjoy driving a car with a manual transmission and because it’s the same trans behind the type R so I know it’ll be exceptionally robust.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
They make sport sedans for a reason. I could only last 2 years in my Honda.

So this is Honda’s “sport sedan”, and we still have the STI if we want to take a quick blast somewhere.

I’m not going into this with the mindset that I’ll have this car forever given my track record, but I’ll be in the honeymoon phase for a while. The automotive landscape is likely to continue to change quite a bit over the next 5 years so this was an exceptionally safe bet I admit.

The only car I’ve ever owned where that honeymoon phase never wore off was our 2013 Cooper S honestly, which after 4 years we traded in for a 4 door given having a kid.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Actually Drove the car finally outside of my Test drive (My wife drove home), and have basically confirmed this is the ideal commuter for my drive.

Big observations so far:

-The audio in the 2.0T is crisp and higher quality than the MACH 500 system in the Mustang

-'HondaSense' is VERY impressive (the name of the suite of safety features). On the Highway with ACC/LKAS, the car drives itself. I don't mean like "It bounces from one side of the lane to the other" I mean, it holds itself in the center of the lane, through turns, and at appropriate speed/distance to the car in front of it with me just resting a hand on the bottom of the wheel. (It detects when I'm not holding the wheel and yells at me for steering input).

-The Drivetrain is likely the smoothest I've ever driven, I didn't even realize I was in 4th on the highway for probably half a mile at one point.

-Turbo Lag/Spool/Surge simply doesn't exist, Period. It makes power like something with vastly more displacement.

-Ride is extremely compliant on the highway, nothing from the morning commute unsettled it.

-It's exceptionally light and responsive, which is a huge relief going back into FWD as my daily.

-I'm going to probably look into shifter options at some point; the shifter is excellent, but I'm just very accustomed to shorter throws and a tighter feeling. That being said; it's actually tighter/better feeling than the Mustangs OEM one (which I had put back before trading in and forgot how bad it was).

-K&N Typhoon Intake/Tint/Some kind of Exhaust are likely all in the cars future for a little more 'sporty' feeling, the car is no doubt heavily muted for 99% of people that buy it.

Thread Info