Dana passed away

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Major loss to the car community. I was unaware that he was sick until I got the text this am.

The first time I met him was at the Drywall meet in Monkena, he was laying under Painters car working on it. This while we all stood around BS's about the 03 when they had been on the market for 8-10 months or so. I had just gotten mine and joined the site, he was very helpful on suggestion mods and helping everybody at the event with trouble shooting and installs.

I had been to his house for the Herman Tuning event and a few other group installs. He opened his home, garage, and expertise to everybody. I know he helped many members here with installs, tools, advice, and the famous LDC cooling mod. I will dig through my old ext hard drive and look for some pics I know I have laying around.

Godspeed Dan, onto the 1/4 in the sky. Now he can BS with James Dean, Steve McQeen, and other famous hot rodders up there. You shall be missed my friend.

219Cobra

Cobra Lover
Aug 30, 2005
NWI
This is bad news. Dan was a hell of a guy. I was lucky enough to meet him once when he did some work on my Cobra.Dan was such a down to earth guy. Between Dan and Lyle they are two of the coolest people I ever met, they maid you feel so welcomed to Dan's garage, that you can seat there for hours shooting the shit about anything.They went above and beyond to help with any questions or problems you had. RIP Dan.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Wow, I didn't know he was sick either.

I have one memory of him that sticks out. It was when we used to have Cobra meets at Bill's Drywall. He was installing a IRS brace for someone and accidentally broke one of the diff cover bolts. He spend the rest of the day drilling it out and making it right.

One hell of a guy.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
5-5-2006 @ Mike's HighSpeed Dyno in Mokena

DSC_0264_resize.jpg

DSC_0256_resize.jpg

DSC_0254_resize.jpg

DSC_0223_resize.jpg

DSC_0216_resize.jpg

DSC_0215_resize.jpg

DSC_0214_resize.jpg

DSC_0213_resize.jpg

DSC_0212_resize.jpg

DSC_0265_resize.jpg

DSC_0171_resize.jpg

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
To let everyone here know, Dan passed away this morning at 2:30am. He lost the battle to cancer. Arrangement info will follow in the thread as I receive more info. Wake at this time, will probably be in Homer Glen. Please share stories about Dan here..........

Lyle

OMG...May he rest in peace, and my prayers go out to his family.

I will never forget the memories, and all the visits to the shop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info