Dana passed away

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers to Dan's family and friends. Dan was a well respected member of the car forums and friend to my family. I haven't been around much because of work and when my brother informed me of his passing I was just in shock... I couldn't believe just like that how things could change. Less than a week later after Dan's passing my family has lost a loving member of our family, my father in law, Fritz.

I met Dan back in the days of John Patterson's Bill's Drywall meets in Mokena and like many have said, the rest is history. I could almost say I've known him as long as my wife lol, and that's dating, engagement, marriage, and 1.5 kids later. Dan always came around at MSC's for the fun, friends, and bs'ing and if he ran the car more when I was around I would have gotten some kick ass shots, but he was more into eating what I cooked for lunch and helping us out with our cars than worrying about his own car lol.

You will be missed my friend RIP.

p938298437-3.jpg

p92806001-4.jpg

p868755814-4.jpg

p481836361-4.jpg

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
I haven't been around much lately and just found out about Dan's passing. He was truely an outstanding guy and the first time I met him, I instantly like him.

I was looking for a set of drag wheels/tires for my 03 cobra and Dan had some prostars with MT et streets listed on this forum for sale. I seen him post up here or there on the forum but never knew the guy but I decided that I wanted to pursue. I sent him some PM's and he gave me his number telling me to just call him up. I talked with him for a while on the phone and he really made me want to drive out there that night to pick them up.

It was a 2hr drive 1 way to make the pick-up and I grabbed a friend that wanted to tag along and off we went. As I got closer I remember thinking "where in the hell are we" (for those who never been to his home, he really lives in the middle of no where). I remember I started seeing very long, dark posi marks in the middle of this country road that looked like something made from a high powered mustang so i figured he's got to be around here somewhere. I found his house and pulled in the drive and he came out to greet me. He asked if I had gotten lost and I said "NOPE, the seen the burnout's and I figured I must be close".. He laughed and told me how him and his neighbor sometimes have a little T&T in the street from time to time.

I rember going into the garage and thinking that this is a kickass garage. I was looking around and noticed something very familar looking that I recently had installed in the cobra, a LDC cooling mod. (not knowing that he was the "D" in LDC). He chuckled and told me that he makes them with his buddie and the whole story behind it. I thought that was awesome that I had actually purchased this part that he helped to make and that randomly a couple years later I was in his garage buying some wheels/tires off of him.

Anyways we talked for a couple hours about random mustang goodness and I bought those prostars and mickys from him. He talked to me like he knew me for years and I appreciated how easy going he was. He loved to share stories and I enjoyed the conversation. Dan was the kind of guy that made what we enjoy, all the better.

I will truely miss Dan. I wish that I was able to have hung out with him more. He will be missed.

RIP Dan

I will miss him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info