Dads '09 HD Street Glide build

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
:fy:

I ordered up a set of 12" Yaffe bars last week. They arrived Monday to the shop I went through in Indiana. Should be picking them up this weekend..
Awesome! Lemme know how it turns out and post up some pics! I'm leaning towards the 10" Monkey Bars myself
Your bike lowered at all jeff?

Yeah, it's got Progressive drop ins up front and air ride in the rear. The front progressives let you pick how much you lower by cutting a pvc insert to size. Rear is adjustable with the flick of a switch:)

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
which rear kit did you go with? how do you like it?
DirtyAir. Works great and was very easy to install.
I was fully set on the 10" ones. I sat on a bike with the 10" and 12" Yaffes and the taller ones were way more comfortable.

How big are you? I'm 6-1 about 185 and I actually don't mind the stock bars just want my hands a little higher up and id love to keep them behind the fairing. The 12" apes your hands are definitely above.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
Nice. i put the premium adjustable ones that come on the new glides on mine right before sturgis.. and while better, the ride is still not great. I considered dirty air, maybe i should have just done it. pretty sure wife will want to kill me if i buy a different set of shocks.

Kick stand do OK with it aired all the way up or down? seems most guys with air are going to the center stand. now that fucker is expensive.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
DirtyAir. Works great and was very easy to install.

How big are you? I'm 6-1 about 185 and I actually don't mind the stock bars just want my hands a little higher up and id love to keep them behind the fairing. The 12" apes your hands are definitely above.

5-8, maybe a hair taller if I'm lucky. I'm not a fan of the stock bars at all honestly. They position me funny and stress my shoulders out.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Nice. i put the premium adjustable ones that come on the new glides on mine right before sturgis.. and while better, the ride is still not great. I considered dirty air, maybe i should have just done it. pretty sure wife will want to kill me if i buy a different set of shocks.

Kick stand do OK with it aired all the way up or down? seems most guys with air are going to the center stand. now that fucker is expensive.
Honestly, for two up riding I would stick with what you have. You definitely have to be aired up close to the stock height while two up riding. If you hit a pot hole, the woman is gonna feel it in her back. It's definitely cool to be able to slam the bike down though

Stock stand works perfectly fine even with the bike all the way down
5-8, maybe a hair taller if I'm lucky. I'm not a fan of the stock bars at all honestly. They position me funny and stress my shoulders out.
I'm gonna have to check yours out. When you installing?

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
[MENTION=6298]Jeffs FRC[/MENTION]
I got the bars installed Saturday. It took us 12 hours on the nose to do this. I'm sure now we would go much faster since we know how it's done. Maybe 6 hours. A good friend of mine did this for me, with me helping of course. I'll have pics up later this week. I need to pull them back about 1.5" from were they are now and adjust the levers up some. Also my fairing mirrors are pretty useless except the bottom half. I'm ordering a set of bar mount ones today and plugs for the holes since I'll remove the fairing mirrors.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Installed some 10" Yaffe monkey bars last week. Everyone on the Internet made it sound like wiring the bars was a major pita and next to impossible. I literally had the wires pulled through the bars in 15 mins. Soldering all the wires up took about 1.5 hours. All in all about a 6 hour job. I didn't need any wire extensions or brake line extension. Used a +4 clutch line and looking back could have gone to a +6.

Turned my kitchen island into a soldering station

Finished product

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Oh man...that looks so badass!
Thanks Ryno! Love the way these bars sit my body up. Stock bars had me hunched over a touch. Another bonus is these are wider and I can control the bike much easier now. Tight maneuvers are effortless.
looks good Jeffé

How much harder do you think it was with the batwing disassembly?

Sup Cap! It's maybe 30-45 minutes to get the fairing disassembled to the point you need to do the bar swap.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Looks good bro. Can't wait to go riding. I bet Sparky was not happy you took over the island!
We better get together for a ride soon! And yea, Sparky was pissed. Haha
:fy: Looks good man.

Thanks man, now I'm checking out 107 big bore builds. Seems the Fuel Moto high output 107 kits are putting 130 to the wheels!

Anyone ever heard of Pure Powersports? They're local and do a bunch of these Fuel Moto engine builds...

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
We better get together for a ride soon! And yea, Sparky was pissed. Haha

Thanks man, now I'm checking out 107 big bore builds. Seems the Fuel Moto high output 107 kits are putting 130 to the wheels!

Anyone ever heard of Pure Powersports? They're local and do a bunch of these Fuel Moto engine builds...

I've heard a lot about them. All has been really good. I was talking with them at the motorcycle show earlier this year. Their kits are top notch and priced right for the amount of work they will do. If you are going to do the work yourself, even better. They have done their homework.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Dropped the bike off at Pure Powersports yesterday. BS'd with the owner Jeremy for quite awhile...super cool dude. Bike will be getting a FM 107 big bore kit with level b heads and TW999-6A cams. Will also be adding a FM x pipe header. Should be good for 115-120hp and 120-125tq at the rear wheels. Bike is being stored at their facility for the winter for free too so that's good.

Other plans for this winter include CVO stretched saddlebags and rear fender, 21" front wheel, led lights all around, biketronics sound system, and I'll also be powdercoating the rest of the motor bits black while it's all torn down.

How she currently sits

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Looks sick man!
Thanks Ryan. Get permission slip signed and get a bike!
Very cool!! I'm doing a S&S 107 this winter and hoping for 120+ whp. They've been trying to convince me to do a 124" kit but I want something reliable. More power = more broken shit IMO.

Yeah totally agree! I just want the bike to get out of its own way, and after this build I think I'll be more than happy.

Thread Info