• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

CVPI Questions...

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
That thing is nice!

Put the head unit in from the E36! Nice to have a CD player again lol.

null_zpse1babaee.jpg

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Nope. But you can swap in the Mustang 5 speeds fairly easy iirc. Pretty much bolt in. Just have to add the clutch peddle change the crossmember (I think there's one that bolts right in the panther platform and to the manual tranny) cut some holes and run some lines. Can be done fairly low buck if your a junkyard hound. It's really weird hearing the 2v screaming and letting off for each shift lemme tell ya. And then a member here justbob swapped a 6 speed into his MM. That's really badass but I think he had to make a custom crossmember for it and possibly do some other stuff?

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
You can do the 4v. Or the 5.4 Lightning swap is more power and 5 speed tranny. But being a truck engine it sits higher. You can basically swap any engine into this that you can any other 4.6 Stang. It had the same engine as the earlier 2v Mustangs and IIRC the trannys were the same too (probably different shift points etc). I'd be very interested in a SBF or maybe even a BBF dropped into one that's emissions exempt but too many cars plus that may be a nice amount of custom work if the motor mounts for those type of swaps into stangs aren't perfect. You've got a nice amount of engine bay room to work with if you go with a smaller sized engine (demension-wise that is) because of how fat the 4.6's were considering they're only 281CI. You can make a nice amount of power on the 4.6 2v throwing a turbo setup in there but it's going to take custom work and that'll cost an arm and leg if you don't do it yourself. But the 2v's at least can only take around 400rwhp before possibly running into problems. You can get more outta them but that's just running on borrowed time.

Transmissionwise anything you can get a bell housing that'll bolt to a 4.6 if you have the right parts. You need to make sure you have the right flywheel for the tranny your swapping in too. The panthers had 8 bolt flywheels IIRC and some trannys require 6 bolt ones I think? I think the Cobra Vics had the Cobra 4v and their tranny's swapped into the panthers but all that work was done by Roush IIRC.

Here's a small write up about the parts needed for a Mustang 5 speed (t-45) swap into one. Like I said most parts are able to be found in the junkyard. dRock96Marquis' 5-speed t-45 swap page

Here's one for a newer Mustang 5 speed thats a whole writeup. The official manual transmission swap - Crownvic.net

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info