🚘 Automotive Cordless Tool Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
K.

While using those tools in a professional setting they failed. After my driver and impact had about 6 months on them, anytime they we're inverted, the battery would jiggle loose and the gun would stop.

k

our guys at work use them in rain, snow, extreme cold & heat, and they do just fine. not a cute climate controlled situation like you.

weird.

it's fun too cuz nowhere did i bash your stuff :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yep... Two of my next few purchases (just bought the sawzall last week) are going to be the 60v weed whacker and blower to ditch my gas stuff...

dewalt-leaf-blowers-dcbl770x1-64_1000.jpg

dewalt-cordless-string-trimmers-dcst970x1-64_1000.jpg

I realistically should have sprung for the 60v sawzall, but I dont use them as much as i used to so the 20v version will be more than fine.

Need to get into their brushless impacts really soon as well.

Oh and the Flexvolt sliding compound miter saw.

I swear I could spend $10,000 there in about 5 minutes. :bowrofl:

:werd:

they have so much ingenious shit, i love just looking at their site to see what they thought up now... i mean i think they just released a job site wifi system powered by the batteries? :rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
k

our guys at work use them in rain, snow, extreme cold & heat, and they do just fine. not a cute climate controlled situation like you.

weird.

it's fun too cuz nowhere did i bash your stuff :rofl:

We use Milwaukee electric screwdrivers at work... We go through them like crazy as much as the girls use them...

Theyre good tools, but they just use the hell out of them and I like to keep the battery format the same so there's a bank of batteries around the shop that people can use batteries from.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
:werd:

they have so much ingenious shit, i love just looking at their site to see what they thought up now... i mean i think they just released a job site wifi system powered by the batteries? :rofl:

My problem is i see the new stuff and think I really do need it.... :bowrofl:

Like they have a Flex Volt track saw now. Will I ever use that? probably not. Do I still want it? Of course. :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
right :rofl:

some of their stuff is so unbelievably obscure and they know they are going to sell such limited quantities of it- and it's priced accordingly :rofl:

cordless dieless crimping tool?

SURE $3800 please

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I71RDC6/?tag=tcg21-20

do you guys have one of these?

No, we rarely do cables that large to justify it. We have smaller presses and applicators though for other crimps... Like these machines:

efh147suah.jpg

Still stupid expensive though. :bowrofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I ended up with DeWalt stuff years ago. I only had one failure. That was a small vacuum that failed after a couple uses. I am sure that was defective. I upgraded most of my stuff to the new 20v stuff. But some items are not available for 20v yet. So I still have two styles of batteries. But that isn't too bad. Plus I have so many batteries that I never have to worry about having a dead one.

That 60v flex battery is awesome too. Some items eat battery quickly. Like my cordless leaf blower. At least with that huge battery, I can do the garage, deck, driveway, and sidewalk before the battery dies.

I will say that if I was a professional I would be considering Milwaukee stuff for a couple reasons. The main reason would be their tools/battery are lighter than DeWalt stuff. That is pretty big when you are using those tools all day long. Their tools are usually smaller as well. Which allows better access and maneuverability. But for a shade tree mechanic and homeowner, the cost of their stuff doesn't offset those benefits.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

I think the first time we meet we should either be atop a sky scraper or in a room full of medieval weapons or in a fast moving car or in a slave dungeon cause I really don't know how I'm going to react....

I might grab the wheel and swerve and kill us both, I might push you off said sky scraper, you might try to kill me with a mace, or I might just fuck you in a swing with a ball gag.

Too many emotions right now

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think the first time we meet we should either be atop a sky scraper or in a room full of medieval weapons or in a fast moving car or in a slave dungeon cause I really don't know how I'm going to react....

I might grab the wheel and swerve and kill us both, I might push you off said sky scraper, you might try to kill me with a mace, or I might just fuck you in a swing with a ball gag.

Too many emotions right now

is that a promise?

46d0004cf5e15addf48949522002dae2.gif

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
This quest for new power tools turned into a birthday gift from my old man... pretty sweet. He insists on me getting snap on stuff because his good friend used their stuff forever and was a diesel and heavy equipment mechanic. I told him it is expensive for not much reason, but he is really set on the idea of snap on. So, looks like snap on stuff it is and I won’t exactly complain about that. I will let y’all know what I think of them and how they work.

Thread Info