Congrats, Carter!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Congrats, it is the best/worst thing that you can do..

I’ll tell you something I wish I knew, the 6 months really stink, crying no interactions nothing...then it gets a lot better and makes it all worth it

I have a 5 month old and totally disagree, I've loved it. Sure it's not easy but our little dude still laughs and smiles when he sees us, sleeps on my chest, is cute AF, it's great. The only days that have truly been hard are when he started teething @ 3 months, and when he had a cold last week (which wasn't all that bad).

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The first month or so was hard but after they can start to see I feel like my kid emerged from her shell. She’s 4.5 months old and a blast. Laughs, is interested in whatever is going on, plays with things, can almost sit up etc. Also she’s never angry unless she’s over tired or getting hungry but that’s a few minutes of fussiness. Feed her or lay her down to sleep and no more fussiness. :dunno:

My only complaint is just no time to do anything when I’m watching her and the short amount of time I have when she’s napping is spent cleaning up the house or washing fucking bottles.

Fucking werd!!! That's been the biggest adjustment for me. When I want to get shit done, I want to get shit done. But if I am on baby duty....good fucking luck!

Its getting a little better as he ages though. He now sleeps through the night and is out by 9pm until 6/7am so that has been helping a lot in the "get shit done" department.

But I also agree that the first few months is really just eat, sleep and shit.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Open up Imgur for the first time today.

On the front page is an "automatic baby burper"

Observe:

dxfjd1y.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If it's a girl.... Good luck. I live in a house full of females. Two daughters, my wife, and a dog. I was in denial with my first daughter. Lol.

Congrats by the way. Even if it's a girl... Nothing wrong with teaching her how to work on cars, and get into the same stuff you're into.

Depends on the girls' personalities.

My older daughter is the typical take 5 minutes for a perfect selfie woman. Every photo she takes is model like. She was a tennis player and a downstate tournament level high jumper in school.

My younger daughter came over for Easter and showed me a scrape she got on her thigh from a perfect slide in her latest softball game. She said the guy who was playing catcher had no idea a girl could slide. He was holding the ball out at waist height with a shocked expression on his face while she slid under him and scored. He didn't know she played 1st base for years when she was a kid.

Both of them can check their fluids, change tires and diagnose automotive issues by sound or smell. :bigthumb:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Depends on the girls' personalities.

My older daughter is the typical take 5 minutes for a perfect selfie woman. Every photo she takes is model like. She was a tennis player and a downstate tournament level high jumper in school.

My younger daughter came over for Easter and showed me a scrape she got on her thigh from a perfect slide in her latest softball game. She said the guy who was playing catcher had no idea a girl could slide. He was holding the ball out at waist height with a shocked expression on his face while she slid under him and scored. He didn't know she played 1st base for years when she was a kid.

Both of them can check their fluids, change tires and diagnose automotive issues by sound or smell. :bigthumb:

Both my daughters are complete opposites. My oldest is 4 and the youngest is 1. Their personalities couldn't be completely opposite from one another. My eldest has the typical girly girl attitude. Cries just by noticing a scrape on her somewhere that she didn't even know she had. The other one.... She takes no crap from anybody. My mom is a caretaker for an autistic kid and deals with a lot with him. When she was over here on vacation, she struggled with my youngest. Lol.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
In the midst of potty training 2 year old,( 3 on monday) she is hiding in the living room, squatting down. no pants, no underwear. We ask her if she is pooping, stands up and says no. i go over there, two turds on the floor. she runs to the bathroom, and says her poop is stuck. tell her to push, and every little push she farts, she says, no poop, just farts, and giggles. then she finally drops off the last turd, and says poop in the water, only a little one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info