đź”– Deals Comcast users come inside...

Hefeweize

Apr 26, 2011
ALso another tip. Never fall for "performance" or "fasteer speeds" You can easily unlock this by purchasing a SB6120 SURFboard that supports DOCSIS 3.0.

Basically you pay $5? everymonth to a rent a modem when you can buy one for $80 and save in the long run, being future proof and faster!

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I had comcast tv and internet but switched to Directv and Clear internet... Regretting the internet choice though! My bill with them for basic cable and 16mb internet was $128 and right now I'm at like $140 for good tv but shitty internet. I clocked my latest speeds at 2mb :ugh:

I'll be canceling my clear soon and going back to comcast

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
ALso another tip. Never fall for "performance" or "fasteer speeds" You can easily unlock this by purchasing a SB6120 SURFboard that supports DOCSIS 3.0.

Basically you pay $5? everymonth to a rent a modem when you can buy one for $80 and save in the long run, being future proof and faster!

Ah I have wanted one for a long time. I used to sell em all the time (non modded of course). I never wanted to mess with my parents internet though. Yeah I was explained the details of being "invisible" but still not worth the gamble in my opinion for me. If I was at an apartment or some shit hell yeah id love 6MB/sec download :D

Hefeweize

Apr 26, 2011
Ah I have wanted one for a long time. I used to sell em all the time (non modded of course). I never wanted to mess with my parents internet though. Yeah I was explained the details of being "invisible" but still not worth the gamble in my opinion for me. If I was at an apartment or some shit hell yeah id love 6MB/sec download :D

Yes the modded modems gives u uncapped speeds and free net. Risky if u ask me. Always need flashes wen comcast updates shiz.

But ye, basically wen u get a "fasteR" internet.. comcast pretty much gives u a faster modem.

CLEAR internet blows for regular usage.. Its great for on the go tho..

any1 wanan test speeds?

visit speedtest.net

33zefrn.png

Post results here if u want 2

i can prob go faster

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Yes the modded modems gives u uncapped speeds and free net. Risky if u ask me. Always need flashes wen comcast updates shiz.

But ye, basically wen u get a "fasteR" internet.. comcast pretty much gives u a faster modem.

CLEAR internet blows for regular usage.. Its great for on the go tho..

any1 wanan test speeds?

visit speedtest.net

33zefrn.png

Post results here if u want 2

i can prob go faster

Modded modem?

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL

So i can buy this SB6120, sent back their modem, and pay for the slowest speed but get their fastest? Is this correct. This is so alien to me.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
Comcast customer service sucks! The only department that can "do" anything is the cancellation department; who I would started calling direct after a while. Their TV, internet and local service/install people were great but I had enough nickle and dimeing when they pulled their, 'one converter box per TV" crap and wanted to charge me another $10 a month because I wanted it in all rooms.

I switched to Direct TV and downgraded to Comcast's slower internet. I get way more TV at a little less cost plus Comcast never downgraded my internet so I'm still nailing 25Meg!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info