YouTube Cleetus McFarland (@garrett_1320video)

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I mean is it that bad of a deal, I guess his land is worth a lot more now than what he bought it for. He should be able to sell it and make a killing if that’s the case.
Yeah his best bet will be to sell it to a developer and build another track inland

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I mean is it that bad of a deal, I guess his land is worth a lot more now than what he bought it for. He should be able to sell it and make a killing if that’s the case.
As said I think the developers will try to buy it off him at a loss knowing the ppl there will fuck him over.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Run it long as possible, stall using the legal system, tear down as much as possible to pay as little tax as you can on what's left and hold on to the property as a fuck you.

I would probably go after trying to bar the realtor city council head from being able to be involved with any deals on the development if I could.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Do you actually think that law school would have gotten him a better job or more money? You wish. He's set for life with or without the racetrack.
He could do better with this situation :dunno:

He argued at the hearing and they voted against him anyway. I’m sure he could bring a lawsuit against them

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
He could do better with this situation :dunno:

He argued at the hearing and they voted against him anyway. I’m sure he could bring a lawsuit against them
Even if he was a lawyer, he would be fucked! He makes more now and has more fun…more power too him..

I think he is getting shafted, he bought that property, he got it approved to do the race track, now someone wants to kick him off the land (indirectly) because they want to live there… that’s bullshit

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Even if he was a lawyer, he would be fucked! He makes more now and has more fun…more power too him..

I think he is getting shafted, he bought that property, he got it approved to do the race track, now someone wants to kick him off the land (indirectly) because they want to live there… that’s bullshit
Worse. Nobody wants to live there yet. The developers don't give a crap about what's next door. They just want people to buy their cookie cutter shit holes. Realtors also want you to buy them, so they won't tell anybody what's on the other side of the wall. THEN the complaints come in because none of the buyers did any research of their own.

I think Cleetus and the owners of the strip should have forked over some investment money to the developers to be used toward a racing village on the directly adjacent land. Otherwise, I don't see an incentive for the developers to do anything like that. The money is in building pretty shit holes not cool or quality properties ?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Ok, I finally had a chance to read the article. People had told me he bought Bradenton Motorsports Park. That is not true. That has different owners. I could care less about the freedom factory. I do care about Bradenton Motorsports Park. As that is the drag strip.

But hey, Cletus getting steam behind it is all good if it helps the drag strip. But I don't see this working out of either facility. As I said before, many other facilities have been forced closed due to residential homes being put up next to them.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Cleetus might as well go finish that law degree so he has something to fall back on ?‍♂️ as that YT money won’t last forever.
He knows this and hasn't been dumb enough to need school. Given how much he was scumming in his old shop prior to the Freedom Factory purchase tells me that he (or at least his planner) is a pretty decent investor. I think he's got a pretty damn nice exit plan/parachute.

He also owns half of Motion Raceworks, so that alone should be a much more sustainable and lasting income source after selling that behemoth chunk of land.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
The racetrack has some time left before it really goes down, with the economy in the shape it is, builders slowing down due to mortgage interest rates, and building costs/ materials/ and land interest rates from suppliers, banks etc… and then you look at the population growth in that area, yes it become a place to be for some, but everything else needs to be build as schools, police, fire, public’s lol.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Yeah in 5-8 years...

I've been to Bradenton.
This part of Bradenton isn’t anything like the proper Bradenton area.

This area where the new homes are going up and the surrounding areas are like a Naperville, homes start around 400k to 2 million+, most sit on 1/4 acre and some on 5 acres.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
This part of Bradenton isn’t anything like the proper Bradenton area.

This area where the new homes are going up and the surrounding areas are like a Naperville, homes start around 400k to 2 million+, most sit on 1/4 acre and some on 5 acres.
Yeah I've been the drag strip there.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info