đź“° Auto News City of Detroit paying $608 per month to lease 2004 Dodge Intrepid

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
If the city is Paying the lease and keeping the cars then what's the problem? My point is that ethically what's going on might be wrong but the city and the lease company are both happy from the looks of things.

The problem is that for $608 a month they could be driving brand new squads. Instead they are driving old, unreliable, less safe, most likely poor MPG, and its a dodge so maintenance must be through the roof. Yes, for $600/month they are gunna get a car, but is this the BEST USE of our $600? No, and that is the problem

And for anyone blaming Dodge, WTF?

At the previous company I worked for, they used a commercial fleet leasing company called Mike Albertson Leasing out of Ohio. They would pay a huge amount of money for the first two years, then every month after the two year mark, it was only a small monthly payment seeing as how the contract had been fufilled. (we had an 05 impala that we were paying $7/month on in 2011 :rofl: ) I sure hope that this article is mistaken and that is what Detroit has. MA Leasing also had either no mileage restrictions, or really really high ones because we were never charged for mileage, just damage.

I'd simply follow the money trail and you will find an answer.

My dad has leased a lot of personal cars for his business and all of the leasing companies call, write, email, etc. months before the lease is up informing you that the lease is up shortly and what your options are (buy out or turn the vehicle in). In fact, they often send a rep out to look over the car for excessive wear and tear (or bring it to the dealership).
Perhaps they didn't want to venture into Detroit.
this is the kind of shit taxpayers should be furious about. It is the city's responsibility to manage their finances and budget responsibly and ethically. Just imagine how many other "programs" and services are run in this manner. Its obvious some bank or dealership has an "In" with somebody in the city and are just sitting back collecting money doing nothing. meanwhile the city has to raise its taxes to keep up with its overspending problem. How can a government ever be successful when it goes out spending money like absolute retards? They expect people to cough up even more of their income so higher ups can afford another vacation home. its bullshit and people are too stupid or lazy to do anything about it.
It's Detroit! Does an honest, hard-working person who isn't on the dole actually live there?
That's how dodge stayed afloat?
Nope. It would be the leasing company getting rich.
Maybe they agreed to purchase them and that's what the money is going towards?
What are these $100,000 Dodge Intrepids?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info