đź“° Auto News City of Detroit paying $608 per month to lease 2004 Dodge Intrepid

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I see it as fraudulent if the person in charge of the leasing is getting kickbacks for an unfavorable lease.

If the guy is just a lazy idiot that doesn't know shit about finance, then I don't see it as fraudulent.

The area that is gray to me is whether or not the leasing agency is behaving ethically. They're either legally taking advantage of situation or they're paying someone in the government to keep their mouth shut.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'd simply follow the money trail and you will find an answer.

My dad has leased a lot of personal cars for his business and all of the leasing companies call, write, email, etc. months before the lease is up informing you that the lease is up shortly and what your options are (buy out or turn the vehicle in). In fact, they often send a rep out to look over the car for excessive wear and tear (or bring it to the dealership).

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I would think that the leasing company likes repeat business and to screw an account over because they keep paying seems like a good way to squash any future dealings. Not to mention the negative publicity that follows and turns away any other existing or new business. Just seems stupid and is definitely unethical.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Don't forget, you guys are talking about connected companies that are selling to government. They are nearly all at least immoral, if not illegal. As far as repeat city biz, you get the repeat business due to continued wining, dining and bribing not because of how good your service is.

I put the blame on the head of the city department responsible for the vehicles. They are the ones who should have had some kind of plan in place for what to do when vehicles came off lease. The guy in charge was either getting paid off, isn't in the office much or just doesn't care what his department does.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Ah you're right so this situation isn't fraudulent either

Depends on the contract terms. The term of the lease was for two years which both parties signed. What we don't know is what it states happens when the contract ends. Usually, you either A. Buy out the car or B. Turn it in. Neither happened. Like I said, if you follow the money trail you will probably find the answer.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i dunno i feel like this could be a cell phone contract... or a dish network receiver contract... etc etc.

and i think and feel as if though... if it were just some dude who "forgot" to return his lease... no one would be pussy hurt for the person who was collecting money.

I did that with my cell for 4 months last time waiting for a phone to come out. :dunno:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
this is the kind of shit taxpayers should be furious about. It is the city's responsibility to manage their finances and budget responsibly and ethically. Just imagine how many other "programs" and services are run in this manner. Its obvious some bank or dealership has an "In" with somebody in the city and are just sitting back collecting money doing nothing. meanwhile the city has to raise its taxes to keep up with its overspending problem. How can a government ever be successful when it goes out spending money like absolute retards? They expect people to cough up even more of their income so higher ups can afford another vacation home. its bullshit and people are too stupid or lazy to do anything about it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That's crazy and Detroit needs to fix it. Why would anyone continue to lease a car that's knowingly going to put them into serious debt? This is like selling eye glasses to a blind man. Is it right, no but can someone get away with it, sure.

seriously?

thats not the same thing at all... detroit doesn't have a physical ailment or disability like the situation you described.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info