Chicago has the classiest fans...

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
annnnd there is a pretty good video of the guy...

why the fuck didn't they charge him before throwing him out? WTF?

I don't think they threw out the dude who did it, they threw out the WRONG GUY!

I hope the dude wrongly accused (and the rest of them that they pulled from the bleachers and questioned) get tickets to another game, since that sort of fucked that game for them...

moviebuff

Basically, I like movies
Nov 26, 2007
Hanover Park/Bloomington Normal
or not...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4396672

I hope the fucker gets what he deserves, classless sore loser fucks.

Further proof that cub fans are awful people.

hey hey hey! we're not all like that! i personally think (when they finally get the right guy :picard: i heard he turned himself in today) they should just let him and phillies #8 "work things out". :hsugh: guy was a drunken bafoon. throwing beer at a player that makes like 2.5 million is hardly gonna "show him"

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's been my experience that St Louis fans are the same way when they're in Wrigley. Oh, and Chicago has MUCH hotter women and I say that as someone who is in St Louis at least once a year.

How can someone so logical sum up an entire group of people that have a common interest in a particular sports team as awful people simply because of their shared interest in said team? That's about as retarded as saying that all girls that love pink are into golden showers because some chick pissed on you and her favorite color was pink.

Granted there's a larger contingency of bags of douche at Wrigley and the bleachers specifically but I don't find it to be any worse than fans I encounter when I'm at Busch.

The bottom line is that the guy was a classless, drunk ass and he deserves everything he gets, completely independent of what team he roots for.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Anytime someone mentions soxs and not bashing cubs, cub fans get all defensive and bla bla bla. I couldnt even comment on someone talking about Buehrle on facebook without 5 of his asshole cub fans talking trash.

****. All of them. Go slip n slide in your urinal troughs more.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Just my experience...cub fans, whilst present in ANY ballpark, are insufferable douchebags.

Tolerable outside the stadium sometimes, but terrible sportsmen in every venue I've experienced their presence, home or away.

Yeah, because Sox fans are so much better. I've have never seen a father/son Cub combo attacking first base coaches:hsugh:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Yeah, because Sox fans are so much better. I've have never seen a father/son Cub combo attacking first base coaches:hsugh:

At least US Cellular doesn't have a net around our outfield wall just to keep all the trash in the stands. Cubs fans suck. Remember when they stole that Dodgers players hat from the bullpen, that was a good one too.

c5z06speedjon

Addict
Jan 21, 2008
Heres my take... there are more fans that are cub than any other MLB team (well maybe not the yankees) But they have a HUGE following. Everyone talks shit about all the bad things that happen and as ozzie guillen says its just a huge bar. But wrigley has a tremendous history in chicago. Your picking out the drunk assholes, as examples.... ya the bleachers do get pretty crazy. But because there are so many cub fans you will have more douche bags, hence the overwhelming number you will get a few bad seeds. I been to many many cub games and been very drunk at some, but would never ever do anything like that. I just think sox fans are jealous of the popularity of the team in our city. Shit sometimes there are more cub fans on road games than the team they are playing... bottom line i agree that guy should get whats coming to him and then some. That was really a dick move. who leads the league in attendance? oh yea the cubs and on the road too... more people that go.... the more chance there will be that idiot that does something dumb... simple math

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The attendance is nothing but numbers. At LEAST 1/4 of wrigleys attendance dont know a damn thing about baseball. It is where the "party" is at. After that "party" there are plenty other bars down the street to continue drinking themselves stupid.

Now are there die hard cub fans? Absolutely. There are a bunch of people that want to see them win in their lifetime since tons of other fans never got to see it.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
The attendance is nothing but numbers. At LEAST 1/4 of wrigleys attendance dont know a damn thing about baseball. It is where the "party" is at. After that "party" there are plenty other bars down the street to continue drinking themselves stupid.

Now are there die hard cub fans? Absolutely. There are a bunch of people that want to see them win in their lifetime since tons of other fans never got to see it.

The good ones are the ones nobody sees.

I've had several friends that were DIE hard cubs fans, could tell you every player's every stat, watched every game, went to every game they could. They're, in general, great people and good sports, as most people who closely follow ANY sport are.

Sadly, those people account for maybe 1% of cub fans. The rest, as you said, know nothing about the game, the team, or really anything else important other than getting drunk at the ballpark. Of all the cities I've been in/around the baseball scene, Chicago just seems to be the most abrasive, hostile, and just all-around mean, and it's always the dumbass know-nothing douchebag fan. I can't think of any other team's fans that ruined a dude's entire life because he tried to catch a foul ball.

My sweeping generalizations were more to get you fuckers all fired up than it was to reflect my views on all cubs fans. If I truly hated everyone who considers themselves a cub fan, I wouldn't be dating a chick who considers herself one ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info