TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Meat Grilling GIF by NETFLIX

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Read some of Joe Roganā€™s experience with this. If done right, youā€™ll have the shits, but supposedly works well.
Yeah and a friend lost 90 lbs on this too. That friend never had bad #2 issues. The friend has added fiber and stuff back in but has managed to keep his final weight 5 lbs over his best which sounds pretty good.

I'll keep y'all posted, 'mma do it. I just need to go shopping before I can get it fully going.

Reactions: Spivitz

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
mikhaila peterson eats like this, but always, and she had a lot of fucked up health issues prior to it to the point her body just seems to be a bit fucked up, same with her dad's, like she had a lifetime of legitimate health problems.

otherwise this seems like a fad and pseudosciencey thing, and just a temporary thing for you too. any "diet" where you are in a caloric deficit means you'll lose weight. keto or not, only meat or not, fasting or not, etc. whatever you can stick with and results in calories in < calories out will work. at the end of the day that's all you need to accomplish, and the other stuff is really all just bullshit. i would worry about the standard yoyo thing if your changing diet is a temporary thing, and the more restrictive you go the more likely you will end up deficient in some kind of vitamins or micronutrients or weird shits etc. "cleanses" of "toxins" are pretty bullshit too.

you can really eat anything you want, as long as you plan around it and understand what you are eating. i count protein and very loosely count calories, to the point this is lazy math in my head and where i largely eat the same things week to week. in the past 14 days i've had 14 protein brownies and 1 real brownie, and 10 triple cheeseburgers, 6 smoothie bowls with peanut butter/almonds/cacao nibs, 8 4-egg (only 2 yolk) omelettes, etc. and have lost 1 kg.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I try to eat what my body tolerates and keep my calorie intake in balance with my weight. Try to eat "healthy" food, too although I like a double cheeseburger once in a while. I stay away from processed foods, sugar and chemicals. My blood tests and A1Cs seem to indicate it's working. Lots of vitamins, too, because why not? They're relatively inexpensive and the worst side effect would be pissing out the excess.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
in general you're unlikely to have problems from too many vitamins and less weight is a bigger factor, but excess vitamins can jack some things up too. i have some multivitamins but i only take 1 ever 2 or 3 days and won't replace them when i run out. the ideal scenario is you have a fairly stable diet, get a blood test, see if you are deficient in anything, and change diet or supplement with specific vitamins from there.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Agreed. Blood tests are important since they show deficiencies. Also, I'd rather be over recommended than under recommended. Usually can't hurt except for a few dollars out of your bank account.

eh i dunno if it is really that simple. there's stuff around A and E in particular i believe. example:

The cancer preventive activity of vitamin E has been suggested by many epidemiologic studies. However, several recent large-scale human trials with Ī±-tocopherol, the most commonly recognized and used form of vitamin E, failed to show a cancer preventive effect. The recently finished follow-up of the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT) even showed higher prostate cancer incidence in subjects who took Ī±-tocopherol supplementation. The scientific community and the general public are faced with a question: ā€œDoes vitamin E prevent or promote cancer?ā€ Our recent results in animal models have shown the cancer preventive activity of Ī³- and Ī“-tocopherols as well as a naturally occurring mixture of tocopherols, and the lack of cancer preventive activity by Ī±-tocopherol. On the basis of these results as well as information from the literature, we suggest that vitamin E, as ingested in the diet or in supplements that are rich in Ī³- and Ī“-tocopherols, is cancer preventive; whereas supplementation with high doses of Ī±-tocopherol is not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info