šŸ„ Health Carnivore Diet

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
sickmint79 sickmint79 I have not gone that that link you posted is there something in particular you would want me to know from that?

I went carnivore shopping today, plan is to kick this off tomorrow.

Today I weighed in at 229, I'm 6 feet tall.
i think i only posted one on vitamins in response to flyn, i quoted the one n20gt provided because i'm familiar with layne and he is pretty solid. the article is worth a read, not necessarily something newly stated in this thread, just vastly more in depth in regards to carnivore claims.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
At a high level it's meat, eggs and seafood. Some folks are iffy on dairy, lots of different thoughts on that.

I'm doing 2 meals a day, lunch and dinner. I try not to eat after 8PM. I eat ground beef, steak, beef short ribs, pork ribs, pork shops, eggs, Seafood I've had tuna, salmon but plan to add in other stuff like scallops and maybe someday some whitefish.

I'm using salt, pepper, all the regular spices, cook in irish butter (easier to clean pans too vs oil). Some folks avoid oils. I also use zero sugar bbq sauce and ketchup.

I drink coffee + half/half (no carbs), water, and some Fresca, diet ice tea and coke zero.

I try to eat to where I feel satisified, but not stuffed. Some folks go for stuffed and I don't think that works for me. I'd end up eating huge meals every day.

Reactions: Flyn and Boostie

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
his volume doesn't seem high enough to need to track calories? any pics of plates, seems a bit overwhelming to me if just all meat :D
All depends on what he is having and portion sizes. I know I can smash 16oz of ground beef in a sitting and for 1lb of 80/20 is over 1100 calories alone. With the weight loss I'm sure he is at some sort of deficiency so obviously its working

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Me and 2 buddies are 45-55, we are eating 2mad, one big meal and one smaller.

Keto is max of 20 net carbs, that's not many. Keto you end up not eating a bunch of vegetables because they are high in sugar, basically you can't have much it wrecks your numbers. Corn for example has a lot of sugar.

Carnivore also pushes for high fat content.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Carnivore.jpg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
All depends on what he is having and portion sizes. I know I can smash 16oz of ground beef in a sitting and for 1lb of 80/20 is over 1100 calories alone. With the weight loss I'm sure he is at some sort of deficiency so obviously its working
i can put down some serious food too, although usually don't feel great about it after. i go to a greek place by me and get grilled halloumi cheese then put down a meat platter made for at least 2 people and do it all by myself. although when i do it i typically tell myself "that's the last time" lol. then do it again a week or two later. i couldn't get myself to doing it every day though.

Me and 2 buddies are 45-55, we are eating 2mad, one big meal and one smaller.

Keto is max of 20 net carbs, that's not many. Keto you end up not eating a bunch of vegetables because they are high in sugar, basically you can't have much it wrecks your numbers. Corn for example has a lot of sugar.

Carnivore also pushes for high fat content.
do you do cheese too? vegetables are filling and fibrous and lower calorie density than meat, i would expect both more variety and enjoyment of food, plus losing weight even faster if you replaced meat volume with veg volume. if nothing else, simply because the fat is 9 calories per gram. are you essentially fasting and hungry in the morning or fasting but happy?

my morning routine is either protein pancakes before muay thai class or an omelette before gym class. protein shake in the morning too. after the former i do a smoothie bowl with plenty of fruit sugar and on the gym days it's typically a thai spicy chicken dish. by noon i've already eaten twice though and am at 100g+ of protein.

Reactions: Boostie

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I ate a lot of cheese in the beginning, I've reduced it. Back when I did Keto lots of cheese usually slowed me down.

I don't miss any vegetables though I really like a lot of them. I miss french fries probably the most.

Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo yeah 100%, it's all about calorie deficit. I think if I got a food scale I'm eating under 1.5 lbs per day, might be lower. I try to eat to where I feel comfortable but not seriously full. If I under eat I end up having beef sticks or cheese at 11PM which I don't want to have happen.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I ate a lot of cheese in the beginning, I've reduced it. Back when I did Keto lots of cheese usually slowed me down.

I don't miss any vegetables though I really like a lot of them. I miss french fries probably the most.

Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo yeah 100%, it's all about calorie deficit. I think if I got a food scale I'm eating under 1.5 lbs per day, might be lower. I try to eat to where I feel comfortable but not seriously full. If I under eat I end up having beef sticks or cheese at 11PM which I don't want to have happen.
I meant the scale, more in terms of tracking, actual protein intake, how many grams per meal/per day.

Thread Info