Car Market's Dropping - What are you eyeing

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
God I can only imagine my 68 f250 with 80grand into it....I couldn't imagine anything new being worth that much.

Saw a bunch of new special tags on several cars at a local small dealer i drove by.

Lot was full good luck on grtting into a test drive without moving the whole lot around

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
God I can only imagine my 68 f250 with 80grand into it....I couldn't imagine anything new being worth that much.

Saw a bunch of new special tags on several cars at a local small dealer i drove by.

Lot was full good luck on grtting into a test drive without moving the whole lot around
Restored fords go for a fuck ton on BaT

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I think C8s will fare ok given the market they attract. They wont be given away. Kind of like C7Zs they were cheapest right before covid now back up in the high 60s low 70s for well optioned ones.
You haven’t looked recently then. Idiots are still asking 80-100k for some c7z’s.

Reactions: Rent Free

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Almost a year later…gt500 market, and the performance car market in general, has basically gone anywhere lol. Fack.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU
utryd2 utryd2 got his. You can get yours. Just sell something, like a kidney or your appendix. You don’t need it and no one knows what it does anyways!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I posted in another thread that FirstWorldProblems FirstWorldProblems was posting in. The non-z06 c8 is fairing much better than the Z06. The people selling c8 Z06 are taking a bath on the ADM they paid to be the first to have one on their block.

But soon the non-Z06 will lose value at a quicker rate. The base model corvette never does real well long term.

Legit question, after the c3 big block cars, what models have kept high prices? Before the ridiculousness of the covid market happened. The c5, 6, & 8 Z06 did ok. But even the C5z wasn't strong money. The ZR1? Aren't they in the $65-$70k range for a clean, low mileage car? What other ones?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Late model higher trim diesel trucks are still holding strong. 11-16 super duty market has dropped significantly in the past 6-8 months. At least 30-35% on those specifically. Market downturn, age and then effectively being “two” models aged at this point if you consider 17+ and 23+.

Cheap cars seem to still be holding strong as well.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Catfish Camaros aren't getting any cheaper.
They're not really taking off though. Check out the auction results for them. Last two were pretty mint nice cars and they didnt sell. https://bringatrailer.com/chevrolet/camaro-4th-generation-1993-2002/

My buddy is the original owner of a 2002 Z28 stripper hard top 6spd car. Has like 10k miles and he's looking to sell and was asking my thoughts on price. I told him unfortunately the market for fourth gens has never really seemed to take off and he's probably looking at upper teens.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
They're not really taking off though. Check out the auction results for them. Last two were pretty mint nice cars and they didnt sell. https://bringatrailer.com/chevrolet/camaro-4th-generation-1993-2002/

My buddy is the original owner of a 2002 Z28 stripper hard top 6spd car. Has like 10k miles and he's looking to sell and was asking my thoughts on price. I told him unfortunately the market for fourth gens has never really seemed to take off and he's probably looking at upper teens.
Correct. It's just kinda held at covid prices. A perfect low mile original car might get 30 if a guys real lucky. But with floor pans and rockers wilting away every day and no more Camaros I don't foresee them dropping either.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Correct. It's just kinda held at covid prices. A perfect low mile original car might get 30 if a guys real lucky. But with floor pans and rockers wilting away every day and no more Camaros I don't foresee them dropping either.
Perfect low mile Camaro SS cars are struggling to get mid 20's, which seems crazy. A 4k mile Terminator from the same era is going to sell for $50k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info