Car Market's Dropping - What are you eyeing

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, he’s walked away from, or missed several good deals for cars around 3-6k. None were perfect. But many had good paint/body and just needed some heavy maintenance.

If a good bones car comes along for 5k and it’s got a blown engine I’d say snap it up in an instant. It’s just an engine. Reman or build to suit depending on if it’s a flip or keep.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
58 mile 106k msrp golden ticket car is at $89500 an hour before the auction ends

Awwww yisssssss

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Gents, the time to purchase is *almost* nigh. Prices are already going down and with a likely recession in 2023 it seems like the next 3-12 months could be a good time to buy a car

I think you prob all know what I'm windowshopping. Seems like the average shelby listing price has dropped at least $10k in the last few weeks. With a filter for nothing >20k miles there are several for sale asking in the 70's and dozens <$85k. A silver 2020 CFTP sold by me for $89k a few weeks ago which is basically unheard of.

So...what are you looking at as prices drop

View attachment 146952

View attachment 146953

View attachment 146954
Almost a year later…gt500 market, and the performance car market in general, has basically gone nowhere lol. Fack.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
A lot of the ones I’ve seen are usually higher option cars. I think traded in for the new flavor. Z06 or eray take your pic.

But I also see tons of bare bones cars that are slightly used but priced nearly exactly the same as I could order from the factory right now.

And for new car money why wouldn’t I just order one the way I want it.

I’m kind of just waiting to see what the demand for the c8z does in the next year. I’m planning on a poverty spec with the z07 package. If that doesn’t work out I’ll just order a c8z51 the way I want and be done with it.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Chevy doubled down on C7 styling and somehow made it worse. You can’t change my mind.

F250 XLTs still 80k trucks, fuck out of here. Mach E’s still sitting on dealer lots for tens of thousands off and aren’t moving. Lightning effectively killed.

Can’t find any C6Z worth a fuck that isn’t insanely overpriced. Then again the last I checked was a few months ago.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
A lot of the ones I’ve seen are usually higher option cars. I think traded in for the new flavor. Z06 or eray take your pic.

But I also see tons of bare bones cars that are slightly used but priced nearly exactly the same as I could order from the factory right now.

And for new car money why wouldn’t I just order one the way I want it.

I’m kind of just waiting to see what the demand for the c8z does in the next year. I’m planning on a poverty spec with the z07 package. If that doesn’t work out I’ll just order a c8z51 the way I want and be done with it.
Z07 cars have barely budged on price, I think due to supplier shortfalls on the carbon fiber parts. At least that’s what I’ve read

Anyone that paid over msrp for a base (not z06 = base) c8 is going to lose their ass, predictably so. I agree the base cars won’t age well, I think the z06 will though. It’s numbers are just too impressive for the price

Reactions: Rent Free

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Narrow body hellcats have bottomed out and then some. You can get those for invoice minus rebates. Only the NB ones though. The WB ones are still over sticker.

Everything else still trying to get over sticker because the dealers are trying to be greedy fucks. Stock is not an issue anymore. Might be in 6 months, but even though the last camaro walked off yesterday, they are still sitting everywhere even ZL1's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info