car is misfiring nasty style at anything under 35-40% throttle.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
haha no.. .i just pulled the icm/coil packs and that plate that it all sits on... everything had some corrosion on it, so i cleaned it all off... car has plugs in it that are less than 10 miles old right now... put the coil packs and everything back on- it idles nicely... starts driving nicely... then like 4-5 minutes into driving it/it running... it starts doing it again... its violent... the car shudders and the rpm's bounce all over the place and the best way to keep the car moving is to manually shift it down to keep the rpm's up to keep it from misfiring/stuttering... also. i checked fuse 21- and it is all good- i even replaced it with a known good fuse to just make sure.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Wouldnt he like instantly get a code to that effect? Computers are pretty good about detecting that sort of issue...

Sometimes, without a steady engine speed the Tests have a hard time picking up a weakening sensor... I'd say the issue happening once the vehicle warms up could be a ICM , many bad ICM's will only be bad once they are at temp.... try swapping in a known good one ASAP :smile:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Kinda going out on just slight knowledge here, but isn't normal op temp like 180s for cars? 162 seems low.. I'm more than likely wrong though

Most GM cars are 185-195... (most I see are 195).... But 162 is right for a car with a 160* thermostat... cooler engine, denser air, which means more oxegen and fuel,so slightly more power.... other reasons as well like knock prevention leads us to running cooler thermostats

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1207090951.jpg

thats what it looked like under my coil packs on the bottom... i cleaned up the top part before i took the pic, bottom i hadnt touched... the back of it looked just like that as well.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
k so i actually started playing with my black car today since i have finally gotten some timme.

actually sitting in it scanning right now.

but while i was sitting here... it started to idle like absolute dog shit out of nowhere... look at the scanner, and the maf reads "0 hz"... car is barely running...

i give it gas a few times to keep it running maf comes back to like 2100 and is idling okay...

im going to pull my maf, and spray it with some cleaner, along with take my afc off of my car and bring it inside to see if possibly it got wet or something.

im scanning for misfires right now, and havent seen any at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info