TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Sonata turbos and Optima turbos are also coming down in price, around the $20k mark.

Dodge Dart? 40mpgs and fun to drive :dunno: large back seat and trunk too!

X2 on the Dart.

Ill vouch for the Cruze eco. Had mine since 3 miles on it. It's a stick and if I putt to work at 60-65 I can do almost 50mpg average. I also have the 9 speaker system. It's quite nice for stock

Tdi Jetta comfy, v6 torque, amazing mileage.

My wife is loving her new Elantra. I drove it a few times and its pretty nice. Bluetooth package FTW!

Id be looking at an Optima SX or Ferd Fusion if I were you, I loved the Optima.

2010 or newer Fusion SEL (either 4 or 6 cylinder)

Thanks, all very good suggestions! Some I have on my list and a few I had not thought of, nor did I realize how good of highway mpg that they get like the optima or sonata in a bigger car!

I would really love the TDI but they are just way too expensive right now over the Cruze Eco.

Right now the Cruze Eco is my front runner.

As just previously mentioned. I am going to be driving about 1500 miles and using the TA, so I'm interested in how good of gas mileage I can get with it.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I got about 27mpg mixed city/highway in an '12 Optima SX. I think 35 was the best I got on straight highway. Its a pretty solid all around car for what it is. Stock stereo was sufficient for my old family-man ass, but the navigation was kinda basic, lacked some features that my 07 Acura TSX had that made navigating on the fly easier. bang for the buck though its hard to beat, heated cooled seats, back-up camera, 274hp, good mpg, huge truck, spacious back seat, etc, and we paid about $28k for ours fully loaded.

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
A lot more room than the 2011 civic we had previously and a bigger trunk... Iirc its one of the biggest if not the biggest in that class

Do you know how hard it is to get a stroller in and out of the trunk?

My daughter's carseat (rearfacing) requires the passenger front seat to be all the way forward to fit....

<---- Not too happy but :dunno:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Thanks, all very good suggestions! Some I have on my list and a few I had not thought of, nor did I realize how good of highway mpg that they get like the optima or sonata in a bigger car!

I would really love the TDI but they are just way too expensive right now over the Cruze Eco.

Right now the Cruze Eco is my front runner.

As just previously mentioned. I am going to be driving about 1500 miles and using the TA, so I'm interested in how good of gas mileage I can get with it.

Cruze Eco isn't a bad choice. Don't expect to have any spirited driving enjoyment from those low-rolling resistance tires. Reported reliability of the first few model years was abysmal, and it seems Chevrolet has now reached average levels of reliability with the Cruze. It's a great long-distance driver with ride quality more similar to a larger car. Nothing changed from 2013 to 2014 so wait it out until the 2013 inventory starts to thin and get a deal when dealers want to unload.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Do you know how hard it is to get a stroller in and out of the trunk?

My daughter's carseat (rearfacing) requires the passenger front seat to be all the way forward to fit....

<---- Not too happy but :dunno:

we have fit a full size stroller (one that a rear facing seat clips into) with no problem in the trunk - also, im 5'10'' and drive with the seat in a very comfortable position (far back and leaned back) and my 2 year olds forwards facing seat has plenty of room behind me and my nieces rear facing seat was snug... but I could have moved the seat up an inch or two and still been comfortable - I can actually fit behind the drivers seat with a decent amount of room!

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
we have fit a full size stroller (one that a rear facing seat clips into) with no problem in the trunk - also, im 5'10'' and drive with the seat in a very comfortable position (far back and leaned back) and my 2 year olds forwards facing seat has plenty of room behind me and my nieces rear facing seat was snug... but I could have moved the seat up an inch or two and still been comfortable - I can actually fit behind the drivers seat with a decent amount of room!

6-foot fat and I fit comfy in the front seat.... Does the rear facing seat have a base? The stroller we have is the jeep stroller.... Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info