Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
From another site.

Except dealerships are stupid fucks who don't listen. Sent him pictures of adhesive and that they removed it. Likely used thinner and a filthy shop rag to do it. If Corvettes weren't so hard to get (he waited 8 months) he would have refused it. 350 miles on it. Looked like shit.

Whole car, especially the parting line and up was like this.

ePQntta.jpg

6HUl6sL.jpg

vZ8Me4m.jpg

uLgUwY4.jpg

After Oberk Supreme Cut and a Buff n Shine burgundy foam pad.

IaKMcIR.jpg

tg5QRGw.jpg

mSOsjRe.jpg

4 hours of just compounding. Didn't finish with everything until dusk. Oberk Supreme Cut, Optimum Hyper Polish and Opti-Coat Pro.

3D3SMFg.jpg

AcWVLW9.jpg

QDarDw4.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Bonus Q50 content

2017 Q50. Coated it about a year and a half ago. Since then he's about doubled the power, had the rear fenders widened and got hit on the driver's side. The body shop he uses mostly does okay on the paint but the follow up is trash and this is by far the worst it's been.

Oberk and Hyper Polish to the rescue. Several hours of compounding again and only did about half the car (rest has PPF.). Now he'll have the PPF on the driver's door and fender reapplied, plus completely wrap the rear bumper this time. And have me coat it again.

HbXwDE2.jpg

gFiV5Mv.jpg

X6YJcOn.jpg

mUHsffe.jpg

JQh2UvD.jpg

O50KtoQ.jpg

EhublhZ.jpg

FLXj2TS.jpg

cckrDy6.jpg

sFy91ne.jpg

GPV9ftR.jpg

deLoQZT.jpg

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I mean yeah dealers are ham fisted monkeys with enthusiast cars. You could bring a cobalt in without a scratch and have the whole car torn down to nuts and bolts, then reassembled and washed by the sweatiest pimple face porter they have, and it would be better than how you dropped it off. You bring in a pristine corvette or camaro for an oil change and you will get it back with 5k more miles and a laundry list of scratches, damage, oily interior and a new rod knock. It never fails. Bring in moms minivan and you will get the best service of your life, along with an Escalade loaner. Bring in the C8, and leave with the service manager's business card and a bleeding asshole.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Porters should not have buffers or compound available to them, period. Lexus did the same thing with my wife's last car.

Bumping this up. We ended up buying the car because the holograms were barely noticeable when we picked it up. I think they must have used some filler wax because after a couple washes they were TERRIBLE. I ordered a blackfire swirl remover kit that worked perfectly

Pics. It's a little cloudy right now so these images aren't perfect comparisons, but you can't see a single hologram on the entire car now. I'm gonna send these to the dealer and tell them they really need to change their practices

After:

Reactions: DEEZUZ and dun4791

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Porters should not have buffers or compound available to them, period. Lexus did the same thing with my wife's last car.

Conrad I think I posted this on your thread but some cars come like that from the factory off the truck. Especially black vehicles.

It’s fucked up the plant let’s them go this way. But most plant workers are lazy anyway.

• Angry
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Being a porter many, many years ago, I get pissed when I take delivery of a new car.
When I worked at Hopkins Ford we had to make sure every inch of that vehicle were spotless when delivered. Inside, outside, door jams, engine bay, etc.
My last 3 new vehicles have come to me "clean" basic run through the wash and wipe down. Maybe a vacuum. That is it though. Where is the standards at now a days. When it came to anything on the paint or windows that could cause damage, we would have an expert come in and handle it as to not damage any of the finish.

Reactions: frank

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Last car I bought (my Honda) still had half the PDI plastic on it and still like the door jambs and hatch opening were dirty as fuck. It was really lazy and when I brought it back to complain I got blank stares like they didn’t understand somebody buying a new car wanted it clean when they took delivery. That combined with them not showing me a single feature about the infotainment except for “this is how the volume goes up and down” makes me hate car salesmen. To this day I still don’t understand why my car connects to my phones WIFI for seemingly no reason

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

Filler wax for sure. I bought a certified pre owned MK6 GTI that looked great when I bought it. After a few washes it looked like they let a child with a rotary buffer loose on it :rofl:

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
My fav was the air brush crew where it looks nice for the sale but washes off after a few car washes.

as noted above, when I was a porter at a dealer my delivery of new and used were spotless, managers would go over the cars before anyone took it off the lot. But I was at olds, Mazda, Acura and Porsche dealer.

When I worked as a porter we were not allowed to high speed buff anything, would do our best if any scratches were on the car, if bad enough we would make a we owe and have the customer come back., but As a porter we couldn’t high speed buff cars but at 16 years old were able to rack a car ( union shop ) and do a package “A” which was spray undercoating, rust protection, fabric shield and my fav acid rain protection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info