• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Buying a new car in the spring. Need advice/opinions etc

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Many programs offer more than just an extended warranty. Roadside assistance, reconditioning with new tires and brakes, return and exchange programs as well as CPO incentives like special financing and cash-back.

Every program is different, however.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
GTI - I get about 30 city 34 highway with a manual. If you wanna mod, tunes are pretty drastic in the power difference and are reasonable.

You can get a loaded autobahn for like 30k or less and the new ones have 3 years free service. I have the 2nd highest tier package Sunroof, Xenons, Sat/Nav and killer plaid seats and it was like 27k otd. Only difference in Autobahn is leather, headunit, and KESSY

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Pre-owned is nice and all, but when it comes right down to it, it is still a used car. Getting a loan is going to be more expensive, and you don't know who owned it before and how they used it. Personally I would buy new, as far as what to get, there are plenty of pretty peppy cars out there that get good gas mileage from basically any company. The offerings from Ford and GM right now, will get you either your gas mileage requirement or the fun factor, but not really both. The Koreans have a few good cars like the Optima and Sonata that might be worth a look. The VW CC with the V6 might be worth a look, although I don't know what kind of mileage it gets, and the 2.0T should get over 30 mpg hwy if you didn't want to go V6. I don't remember from your first post whether you said 2 or 4 door, but I had a Volvo C30 loaner a couple of weeks ago, and loved it, good power out of the little 5-cylinder turbo, good room on the inside, pretty comfortable, looks are take it or leave it, but I really liked the car.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'd hardly say a gti is quality. :dunno:

Probably means interior quality and such like materials and fit and finish, which are great. Reliable is different. We tested two VWs in the past few weeks and the outside door handle fell off one, a horn randomly started honking while turning, an HVAC mode selector stopped working plus a window would intermittently refuse to go up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info